• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel A.R.M issue

Rhinoz

I've had no problems with Corel X3 up until yesterday. Whenever I go to import or even open any file, the A.R.M comes up and wants to shut the software down. It also doesn't want to preview any images either. I've tried disabling the A.R.M but its like the whole software package is running in slow mode. If I don't open/import anything, it runs just fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled about 3 times,even removed all the registry items that went along with Corel X3 also, applied all the corel patches and I still get the same problem. Nothing has changed on this machine since this problem started happening.

I've also checked for spyware and viruses using all the latest definitions, nothing came up.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this in the past.

Running this on a XP pro machine, 3 gig ram, 512mb vid card and all the other goodies that go along with it. This is the only graphics program thats having a hard time. My adobe suite works just fine with no errors there, its just the Corel suite thats having the major issue.

Techman

A scan disk is not the answer.

when you do a re-install.. be sure to delete the corel folder as well.. A reinstall does not rewrite every file. A reinstall does not re-initialize the software.. A reinstall with out deleteing the folder first does nothing of which you desire..

Rhinoz

Techman said:
A scan disk is not the answer.

when you do a re-install.. be sure to delete the corel folder as well.. A reinstall does not rewrite every file. A reinstall does not re-initialize the software.. A reinstall with out deleteing the folder first does nothing of which you desire..

Been there, done that everytime, as I said, I even went through the registry. What it looks like to me is a bad "application data" entry in the "documents and settings /%username%" area, because it won't even let me access the corel folder in there.

I'm going to search this part out, I'll update this thread if I find anything.

Craig Sjoquist

Seems to me Iv'e seen the X3 answer in the ...coreldraw users group in yahoo ..since I'm new to coreldraw X3 and computers ...unable to help here .....cdug ..is the group.... in yahoo
THANK YOU & ENJOY LIFE

Rhinoz

Thanks Craig, checking there now.

What I did find was that the application data folder was saying I had over 80 gig of files in there, when I checked there they were all junk. I shall post mor and maybe the solution to this headache can be stickied somewhere in the corel part of this board as a solution.

Rhinoz

Problem Solved

After 2 pots of coffee and a pack of smokes, I finally found what was going on.

For some reason, there was a registry setting that had been altered, don't ask me how because it has nothing to do with Corel.

This was switched to "1"(off) which basically remembers all previouly viewed filenames,(HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Policies\Comdlg32 NoFileMru = 1) and this confuses CDRFLT.DLL which is a core file within Corel. I changed it back to "0" and now everything is back to where it should be :)

Hope this helps out anyone in the future who experiences this with open, save, export and import errors.