• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel document sees something that I do not

shuv76

Hello All
I am making a file in corel x3 and when I send it to my roland cutter ,, the cutter goes up in the left hand corner and starts cutting in the same small spot over and over. I have to turn the power off to stop it , then cancel the file in the printer. When I make another file ( a completely new file that is) and send it to the cutter ,, it also does the same thing. I have tried restarting the computer and opening it up and doing it all over again and then the same thing happens also. it is like it sees something on the file that is not there. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks , Paul

shuv76

Yes ,, I did view it in wireframe and see nothing there.
What really gets me is that I will make a completely new file and it does it still.
Still scratching my head..

OldPaint

you got pieces of something on the page.........it may not be visible to you but its on the page......ever use PRINT PREVIEW? OPEN IT AND ZOOM IN ON THE AREA where the cut is made...........youll find some old lines/period/coma's something you dont remember doin.

shuv76

How did I get an anomoly. I am not sure of what you mean. Would I need to reinstall corel? or reinstall roland?
Thanks for any help

k_graham

Try holding down the F8 key and start CorelDraw, it will ask if you want to reset your preferences to default. If this works make changes to your preferences as desired. Things like selecting a line instead of a fill area to select an area. or Print page only rather than entire document as a default. Once you have things the way you want, save your preferences, perhaps by your name, then again as yourname2. Now when working if you ever end up with corrupted preference file you can open up the previous version instead of resetting to default using the F8. Ken

OldPaint

How did I get an anomoly. I am not sure of what you mean. Would I need to reinstall corel? or reinstall roland?
Thanks for any help
PAY ATTENTION AND READ......YOU... nobody else........have some object/line/text ON THE WORK PAGE....... can you tell us WHAT it cuts????
TRY THIS....... open your corel work page.........DONT PUT ANYTHING ON THE PAGE....... now take the PICK TOOL, hold down the left mouse button, and make a box around the area where this stuff shows up when its cut..........IF THERE IS something on the page, you will get the 8 black little squares......AROUND THOSE OBJECTS....HIT DELETE........... problem solved...........

J Hill Designs

if it ONLY goes to the top left and starts cutting garbage data, I'd say you have your plotter set up wrong (most likely GPGL vs HPGL)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
if it ONLY goes to the top left and starts cutting garbage data, I'd say you have your plotter set up wrong (most likely GPGL vs HPGL)

I think this is right.
Think I have done it a few times myself, along with sending a cut file to the office desktop printer - lots and lots of pages of "secret" code.

wayne k
guam usa

GVP

To check if there's something there in Corel, and assuming your mystery object is outside the normal area, do a CTRL+A to select all objects. If the corner nodes only encompass your artwork, the chances are there's nothing in your file causing the issue - if the nodes encompass your art plus something else, you have a spurious object on your page.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think this is right.
Think I have done it a few times myself, along with sending a cut file to the office desktop printer - lots and lots of pages of "secret" code.

wayne k
guam usa

I also scrolled down to say this, however it looks like two others have replied this answer before me.
I assume it does it with other "old" jobs that cut just fine last time you cut them.

shuv76

Yes ,, it does it with jobs that ran fine before but now it is wrong.

I also scrolled down to say this, however it looks like two others have replied this answer b

efore me.
I assume it does it with other "old" jobs that cut just fine last time you cut them.

OldPaint

YOU COULD HELP US...... by posting a pic of what it CUTS!!!!! ALSO.....what ROLAND CUTTER, what version of the driver, your OPERATING SYSTEM...mac, pc, win XP, 7, or 8. as for HPGL or GPGL... HPGL...is default on any roland....DO YOU HAVE THE ROLAND MANUAL for your model of ROLAND???