• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel document sees something that I do not

shuv76

YOU COULD HELP US...... by posting a pic of what it CUTS!!!!! ALSO.....what ROLAND CUTTER, what version of the driver, your OPERATING SYSTEM...mac, pc, win XP, 7, or 8. as for HPGL or GPGL... HPGL...is default on any roland....DO YOU HAVE THE ROLAND MANUAL for your model of ROLAND???

It is so small it will not even show on a pic. It cuts about 1/16 of inch high and 3/8 wide. Just garbage . I have looked at it under a magnifying glass and it is nothing recognizable.. It is a roland gx24 & operating system windows 8. I set the default settings last night. I have been cutting with this system for a while with no issues & now it has gone bezurk.

shuv76

so you just use the roland driver and 'print' directly to the plotter?

Yes ,,,that is all I do....I have an update,,,It is working correctly now! I have tried it a few times since setting the default & it seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks so much for the help all of you. It sure is nice to have a place you can go to where people help.

Thanks again,,,Paul

OldPaint

yes jhill.........you can cut direct from COREL........to a ROLAND.........nothing else needed.........I discovered this back in 1992......when i was able to cut directly from from my COREL V 3 to my PNC-1000........... and i sorta told everyone else......how its done. since 1992....i have cut every piece of vinyl..........this way)))))) iam now using COREL X3 and a ROLAND CX-300........works flawlessly............
i also have been able to cut to my roland from illy, ARTS & LETTERS..........without any thing between them.

MakeMyGraphic

if it ONLY goes to the top left and starts cutting garbage data, I'd say you have your plotter set up wrong (most likely GPGL vs HPGL)

I second and THIRD this... I had two different machines at two different times of their lives present me with this problem, just look up your manual and switch to the proper mode and you should be in the clear. Sorry if this was solved already, I had my Graphtec to this to me as well as my old Roland CX-24 it is a plotter setting and not a computer program issue there.

EDIT: I see the problem is resolved now, interesting haha :) still leaving my original post as is just because. Useful info on here.