Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corel Draw File command

Discussion in 'Corel' started by SignManiac, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    When you open Corel Draw, I have X3, on the menu bar when you select FILE the drop down list will show you the last 4 or 5 jobs on the bottom that you had open when you shut down.

I seem to recall years ago that somewhere you could change that number to more or less? Does anyone know where in your tool options settings that can be increased?

Thanks
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  3. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    You may want to try woXXom's unlimited recent files macro. Here is a link to the list of macros, this one is the first one on the page!

4. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    thanks for the tips!

5. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Okay? I downloaded and installed the macro but I can find where it's at? Am I missing something?

6. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Okay, even stranger? I have a small pen/plot icon on my task bar that is for Co-Cut that I happened to mouse over. Then the macro I just installed launched and I can now see all of my recent files in a new window that opened. I assume it's using that icon now to launch the macro.

Weird but I don't care so long as it works.

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    SignManiac go to macromonster.com and he has a zip file that explains how to load and then launch the macro 2 different ways! What you need to do is go into the customization tab then Macros find the macro and then create a icon for it!

8. intensegraphics

intensegraphics Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Great link :thumb:

9. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Thanks Signage. I think I have it working now. When I relaunched Corel, it must have taken a moment to go through all my files and just "happened" to open when I moved my mouse over my Co-Cut icon. So I don't think that icon actually launched the macro.

I'll still read up on that link though. Thanks again.

10. Techman

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    That is the exact same link i posted... Did i miss something?

11. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    It looked to be the exact same link Curtis. I had to look twice but it helped, thank you!

12. Techman

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    im trying to write up a registry fix for this,,, if i get it and it is something reasonable that a average user can work with,,, i will post it. I hate the 5 slot limits..

13. SignManiac

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    That's great! I know it drives me nuts cuz I normally have between 8-12 jobs files open simultaneously. When I occasionally shut down my system for a reboot I have to try and remember all the jobs I had open before.

14. Techman

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    ya,, exactly..... i know that feeling