• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel help

redmondcopy

Hi All,

This is probably a simple task but I can't figure it out. I need to remove the black around this image of earth. Can someone please advise me how to do this please? I'm using Corel X4.

Thanks,
Grant

Attachments

• earth.jpg
    earth.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 92

jiarby

edit bitmap to open photo paint
then use magic wand to mask out & delete the black.

hope you have a better jpg than that one to work with! that one sucks.

you could also draw a circle and place the image inside the circle with the powerclip.

Replicator

1. Create a circle of the same diameter in corel and place over the earth, remove outline.

2. Add contour around your circle large enough to cover entire bitmap.

3. break Contour apart and then combine the 2 pieces leaving the large contour with the circle exposing only the earth.

4. grab both the vector and the bitmap and do a "back minus front" in the arrange/shaping menu.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Pull out a circle (ctrl key to constrain) and fit it to the edge of the earth.
Select the bitmap > Effects tab > Powerclip > Place inside container - select the circle.

wayne k
guam usa

Replicator

Pull out a circle (ctrl key to constrain) and fit it to the edge of the earth.
Select the bitmap > Effects tab > Powerclip > Place inside container - select the circle.

wayne k
guam usa

Another great way to do it . . . Thanks for posting that Wayne !

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
1. Create a circle of the same diameter in corel and place over the earth, remove outline.

2. Add contour around your circle large enough to cover entire bitmap.

3. break Contour apart and then combine the 2 pieces leaving the large contour with the circle exposing only the earth.

4. grab both the vector and the bitmap and do a "back minus front" in the arrange/shaping menu.

Huh?
you sure you are using Draw?
:doh:

wayne k
guam usa

Replicator

Here it is Wayne with CorelDRAW . . . About 30 seconds to complete, but the powerclip method is just as good if not quicker !

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Snap3.jpg
    Snap3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Snap4.jpg
    Snap4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Snap5.jpg
    Snap5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 82

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Rep,
that looks like something you'd "have" to do in Illy or Flexi.......
:Cool 2:

wayne k
guam usa

redmondcopy

Thanks a ton guys. I knew there should be a easy way to do that. I found the power clip to be the easiest. Thanks for all the info from everyone, much appreciated!
:thankyou:

Thanks,
Grant

Techman

Another way in corel
Under window/dockers,, select bitmap color mask

using eyedropper under this bitmap color mask window (not the eyedropper on the left toolbar) select the color you want out.. Set the tolerance and click apply...

OR to do a Power clip...

Select the object in the case a circle...
Select the image, right click then drag it to the object. a bomb sight will appear. release r click and a menu will pop up. select powerclip inside..

If your graphic does not look right in the powerclip you can change the settings under..

tools/options/edit
select or unselect "autocenter new powerclip contents"

Artildawn

If your graphic does not look right in the powerclip you can change the settings under..

tools/options/edit
select or unselect "autocenter new powerclip contents"

or you can right click on the powerclipped image and select "edit contents" from the pop-menu.

Replicator

Easiest method of all . . .

Place circle same size as the earth over the earth.

Then select "Arrange/Shaping/Intersect".

You will then have 3 separate pieces one of which is your earth only.

This also comes courtesy of AirArtGirl !

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Easiest method of all . . .

Place circle same size as the earth over the earth.

Then select "Arrange/Shaping/Intersect".

You will then have 3 separate pieces one of which is your earth only.

This also comes courtesy of AirArtGirl !

Now you're talking!

Only issue is that you can't further edit the mask & or bitmap in the same way you can if you use a powerclip.

wayne k
guam usa

Replicator

Now you're talking!

Only issue is that you can't further edit the mask & or bitmap in the same way you can if you use a powerclip.

wayne k
guam usa

Good point . . . but that wasn't the question asked so I was trying to offer many options to achieve the results asked about !