• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel scripts

R08

Anyone interested in scripts to make CorelDraw sleeker and easier.
I am considering getting a merchant subscription and offering the service/product but would first like to see if there is a market.

Here's a sample screenshot

Banners pennants.jpg

The screenshot shows a script that opens when an icon is selected and gives me choices on exporting a graphic with my predetermined settings.
For instance I like to export my printable graphics at 100 dpi and use cmyk and so on. If I am emailing someone I use the middle button and I have the default set at 800 pixels wide. If I am exporting for outline cutting I use the right button.

I also have separate scripts that do things like print two copies of a graphics (automatically fit to page) . One for production and one for bookkeeper.

I was thinking of adding things like an automatic grommet feature and perhaps would take other suggestions and make it an all-in-one product.

Not sure of price but just seeing if there is enough interest.

thx

Last edited:

R08

Thx for the responses.
BTW:
I will need a few heavy corel users to test things on....

Techman

my favorite is one that sets the printing to fit to page...and prints the file to my phaser printer

R08

I started using scripts a few years ago when I worked as a graphic designer for a glass trophy manufacturer. My son ended up there a few years later and now he's gotten more into it than I.

I've got quite a few and want to make them all into one package.

Does anyone have any often repeated tasks that they would like to see automated in Corel draw. Basically at the push of a button.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I like your export script. One thing that would make it event better is if each button could remember and export to a differnt folder or several.

Macromonster is where i got all my scripts. Great site.

R08

I like your export script. One thing that would make it event better is if each button could remember and export to a differnt folder or several.

Macromonster is where i got all my scripts. Great site.

Yup it does that.

R08

I've got at least one tester right now and i may be looking for more.
I'll let ya know.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've got at least one tester right now and i may be looking for more.
I'll let ya know.

So then, where did you glean your information on Corel classes, objects, methods, and properties? Is this published somewhere? Try as I might, I've never found any useful documentation on these things?

R08

You're right about that Bob. Not much information out there. But I guess necessity is the mother of invention. I got interested by recording my own scripts and then edtiting them. A lot of trial and error. My son took a bit of programming in college so he picked up on it and made scripts to make our jobs easier.

He's gone a lot further with it and he really enjoys it. Anyways he's pretty quick at it and I'm trying to help him out.

If we can get some saleable products it would go toward his college basically.

Rob

jessew1987

I'm actually really interested in making custom programs. This is Rob's (SignRite) son. If anyone needs a custom program, I'll do the first one for free. I want to feel out the time vs. worth. Reply to this and let me know what you need. :)

Thanks,

Jesse

We do screenprinting and use our laser printer to print positives. Each time we must set up the size of the page and the correct paper tray. I have played around with this but have never been sucessful in getting it to work. Can you help me with this.

jessew1987

For sure. Is it the same size each time? One thing that I haven't figured out yet/might not be possible is changing anything in the print drivers. If you give me a but more info about what size page you need to change to and the specific process, I'll give it a go :)