• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel versus Illustrator

The extent of my experience with Corel has been open the Corel file and export it to Illustrator as quickly as possible.

What's the advantage of Corel over Illustrator? Is it just personal preference?

It could be totally random but I've been receiving more Corel files from my customers.

Just curious,

Chris

biggieg

I started out with Corel 4.0 in 1995 and it just grew on me. I have been doing a few of the online tutorials for Photoshop though.

Techman

well for one.
The tutorials for corel can be followed and are well developed.
Turorials for illy are fragmented, have gaps and leave the user looking for why the illustration does not look like the description.

Corel is priced at a reasonable level. And is owner friendly
Illy / adobe uses strange security systems. IF you change one thing in your machine you have to reinstall illy.

Corel includes features that illy require you to purchase as plugins.

Corel users are not snobs.. and do not put down illy users...

RandallMac

I have both Corel X3 & Illustrator CS2. I use the CS2 program to process files from several designers I work with. However, I run my laser and rotary engraver from Corel. It is my understanding that Illustrator cannot perform that function. I will admit that I have used Corel since version 4 but I am always eger to "find a better way".

I am, however, disappointed with basic incompatibilities trying to exchange files between the two programs. I have also used SignLab and fidn it very intuitive and may switch to SignLab in the near future for vinyl processing. But first, I intend to give Flexi a try because I think that I might be able to run all three machines from Flexi.