• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3 - Can't Install...

neato

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

I bought Corel X3, the full version. When I put the disk in, my computer acted like it wanted to read it, but it wouldn't run. I tried accessing it from My Computer, but there was nothing showing up there either. I tried this with 2 different computers and got the same results.

So I sent the disks back to the company, and they sent me a new set. Guess what? Same problem!

Now I'm just frustrated. Could I really have recieved 2 bad sets of disks? Or is there something up with both of my computers? They read other disks just fine...

Hoping someone has experienced this and has a solution?

Jackpine

I was wondering since you have version 12....why not just get an upgrade? I have version 10 and X3 on two computers and have never had a problem loading them. There are two patches to X3 since it was launched. You can get them at Corel site, but I won't think that is the problem. Corel is good with support. Good luck and let us know the problem when you get it fixed...and you will get it fixed.

Make sure your anti-virus software is disabled when trying to install a new program. May not be the problem, but worth a try if you haven't tried it already.

neato

I'll try that.

Anyone know how to shut down AVG? I can close the control panel, but I don't know how to turn it completely off...

GK

AVG and Kaspersky will not let you install X3 for some odd reason especially if you have Ad-aware running as well. Dunno why, but as soon as i disabled all of them it was fine.

OldPaint

do this........go to corels web site, d/l corel demo.
once its up and running THEN pop in your cd of the full version, it will over write the demo....i got that stupid error message too....
but doin the demo, which is easily loaded, overides that message you get in the full version.

Techman

better yet. unload nortons.
Delete nortons,
Goto nortons website and download the nortons cleaning tool
Quit using nortons bloatware forever.

Jackpine

I run AVG and ad-aware and had no problem installing the upgrade. I had version 10 and Corel looks for another version before loading the upgrade. What OP said about downloading the demo and then loading the X3 you have over that makes sense.
AVG and Kaspersky will not let you install X3 for some odd reason especially if you have Ad-aware running as well. Dunno why, but as soon as i disabled all of them it was fine.

dark3d

All Hail, Techman! ...do what he said!

Also, you might try exploring the CD and running the .MSI directly. I seem to recall having an issue with the autorun crapping out. For instance, the Corel Paint Shop Pro msi is called psppx2.msi, which is in a subfolder on the cd. Just find the one for x3 and fire it up.

Ken

If you have full version X3, I would delete previous version of corel..save any working files to cd before doing this. Then do a clean install.
Ken