• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X3 to X5 Upgrade or not

Jillbeans

Dammit now I can't get my cutting master to launch. I uninstalled Corel 12.
Now when I go to plot on my CE5000-60 I get a pop-up that says "no active corel draw running". I rebooted twice and re-installed Cutting Master.
I should have left well enough alone, I have files I need to cut and get out the door.
****!

Jillbeans

How do I uninstall the update? I think it's the culprit.
(see pic from Graphtec site)
:thankyou:
Gotta run, back tonight.

Attachments

• dammit.jpg
    dammit.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 110

signage

Jill I found this over on the Corel forum FYI, Cutting Master 2 v1.81 has been released, and it seems to work with X5 and service pack 2. make sure your version is at least 1.81 and you should have no problem!

Jillbeans

Uninstall/reinstall both thank God it's working again.
Slow to load maybe even slower but I'm not messing with it again...ever.

rcook99

Ok my Corel X3 is not showing all my fonts. I spoke with corel and they are telling me that X3 is not made to run on Win 7 and cannot guarantee its stability. I downloaded SP1 but I am being told there are no other patches for this program and my only option is to UPGRADE to X5 for $199. Any direction would be great.

WildWestDesigns

Ok my Corel X3 is not showing all my fonts. I spoke with corel and they are telling me that X3 is not made to run on Win 7 and cannot guarantee its stability. I downloaded SP1 but I am being told there are no other patches for this program and my only option is to UPGRADE to X5 for $199. Any direction would be great.

Do you have Win 7 Pro or Ultimate? Might try running it in the XP virtual machine and see what it does for you.

rcook99

Thanks I take a look at it. I have been using it for layouts for a while but theres alot to swallow let alone I just picked up CS5.5 and upgraded to SL9.1.:covereyes: