• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X7 gone crazy

jp designs

Not sure if you wanted to try a different method but this should get you the results you're looking for.
I just created a simple rope length design and saved it as a brush (see pic). Make sure the ends of it are straight vertically or it won't close properly when added to your shape.
Then draw your ellipse, add the custom rope brush and adjust the stroke width to your liking.

Attachments

• rope.jpg
    rope.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 124

ital31

Not much help!

Is it really that great if it doesn't work correctly and the tech support is crap. I know with flexi I can have a person on the phone in a minute and they will answer all of my questions. It might have hiccups now and then but nothing we can't work around with great help from SAi. Doesn't sound like you get the same thing from corel and that is a bummer.

You didnt help him much with his question. You only suggested another program. Those who use a great program for years dont want to be told to switch, or suggest that! Corel is a great program. Flexi is a great program, and yes their tech support is awesome! SignLab by Cadlink is a Super program combining both Vector AND Bitmap capabilities at 1/3 the cost of Flexi. So as there are several great choices for us out there, you have to make the decision to switch, or as I have done is work with all 3! They each have there unique advantages. I will say that Signlab is SO MUCH EASIER to master than Flexi.. Great tech support for both...

OldPaint

10 minutes in corel and i built this. close to rope your looking for.....
took a S breman font, made a dup. got a lower case C.......dup of it. laid the 2 S's at an angle to each other, put the C's over the ends. shape tool WELD, node edit a bit to get rid of some lines, played a little with it, once i got a single rope segment........duplicated and then tightened them up to each other....... little more work and i could get em perfect....
went back and took the BREMEN S.................duped it and stretched it made a copy in gray now i got another rope)))))

Attachments

• ropecorel.jpg
    ropecorel.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 134
  • rope2.jpg
    rope2.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 135

Roto

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced crazy stuff in Coreldraw X7? I am attempting to reset my duplication points, but following the directions in the help guide, the horizontal and vertical values are not there. So I tried to use the step and repeat to do what I needed, and thats where it really went crazy. I have tried all imaginable combinations, but it results stay the same. For instance, i tried to step and repeat a square .1" right and .1" down. That worked fine but was way more than .1". So i tried to change the value to .05" both directions. It stepped and repeated to the exact same location as the .1"

You can't get any help from coreldraw when you need it. I'm getting so fed up with a great program!

Have you downloaded all the Updates? You should be at Ver 17.6.0.1021

Jillbeans

Believe it or not, I do similar to what Old Paint does. I make a shape and then copy and past it. I either move it with my mouse or I hold the Ctrl key when rotating it to manually control the degree of the rotation. It's tedious, but it's the only way I know.

I am on X5, and my issues are mainly it takes forever to load. It is frigging MILES ahead of Omega. I only use that when I want to fit text to a path effectively, and to transfer old Gerber files into Corel.

Do you have a "lock" button set somewhere in your toolbar? (the little lock icon by where you size whatever)

Love....Jill

Roto

I wouldn't install the latest update. Too many problems from What I can get from all the chatter. Stay at 17.5.0.907

Hey Myron, Latest updates are good here, I found that they fixed a whole lot of problems.

Cheers, Chris from the CDR forums