• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel

149motorsports

im looking to buy corel, im strictly doing cut vinyl only.
can you draw/design, cut, trace in corel? if not what other programs do i need to be able to cut?

will i have to buy ad ins, plug ins, ect are these a pain to install?
how much does a good copy go for, does it matter if i buy old or new, i dont need nothing that great just enough to do vinyl graphics cut.
thanks!
<!-- / message -->

OldPaint

depending on youre plotter you can cut RIGHT FROM COREL, NOTHING ELSE NEEDED.
ROLAND
SUMA
GRAPHTEC
all have drivers to cut right from corel

Jackpine

How can you sell this software as OEM? It seems too good to be true - is there a catch?
There is no catch - the software versions that we sell are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) which means you will receive the installation downloadable CD images only (they do not come in their original retail packing and do not include the manual). We do guarantee that all programs are the 100% full working retail versions - no demos or academic versions! When you order, you will receive all materials required for a complete installation - or your money back! Why pay hundreds of dollars more when you can get exactly the same but downloadable? You don't have to pay that much for the fancy box and manuals.

The above quote is from the web site. I just googled and that was one of the sites that came up. The site says it is OEM. Just trying to point out what is available. I'm not advocating illegal software. Many companies sell OEM software.

THIS IS A PIRATE SOFTWARE SITE!

IT IS ILLEGAL!

Why is it here?

jiarby

From Corel's Website:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796558890

What are some warning signs that the online vendor may be selling illegal or unauthorized software?

- The online vendor sells Corel product that is either unbundled OEM, NFR, CD Only or Academic product for which you are not qualified to purchase

- If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Remember: "buyer beware"

- Online vendors offering original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products stand-alone without being bundled and sold with the original hardware. Buying an OEM product separately from original hardware is illegal

What is an OEM?

- The acronym OEM traditionally refers to an "Original Equipment Manufacturer" for example the manufacturer of hardware components such as personal computers, scanners etc. Under the Corel OEM Program, an OEM can also refer to the supplier of other software or services, such as an internet service provider. OEM partners under the Corel OEM Program have agreements with Corel to distribute Corel software with their offering of specific products (hardware or other software) or services.

So, what "Original Equipment" are you also buying from this vendor that qualifies the seller to provide an OEM version??

Jackpine

Ok....First, I am NOT advocating for anyone to buy illegal software. OEM means it is the software ONLY, no manuals or other printed material. FYI Ordway, a very good and highly respectable company, sell an OEM version of Signlab without buying hardware. It is the software ONLY, no manuals or other printed material. I really don't get it. When someone tries to help or point a newbie in a direction they SHOULD already know and others jump on it. I really don't care where anyone buys anything. I am loyal user of Corel from Version 1. I have bought my upgrades from various vendors including Corel. My friend and I figured out how to cut from version 1 by exporting to the serial connecting port of out Roland PNC1000's. So cutting from Corel isn't new even though it was designed as a desktop publishing program, not a sign design program. I pay retail but I like the manuals. I read to learn. I don't understand buying junk equipment or software.
I thought this was thread requesting "where to buy Corel"? Maybe everyone should their own homework. I was just pointing a way (Google)....but NOT to illegal web sites.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796558890

So, what "Original Equipment" are you also buying from this vendor that qualifies the seller to provide an OEM version??

jiarby

Well, Jack... I disagree...
OEM means whatever Corel wants to call it. It is not OEM because there are no books. It is OEM because the mfg (Corel) has elected to allow resellers to BUNDLE their product with qualifying other purchases. Sometimes that means a hardware purchase (Like with MS Windows and a Mobo). It is up to the sware mfg to define what qualifies as an OEM purchase.

That's why I posted the COREL links. COREL is saying that a vendor that sells OEM packaged software WITHOUT the corresponding hardware is doing so ILLEGALLY. That is not my opinion, it is Corel's.

It is between Corel and their resellers as to what qualifies as an OEM purchase. If you are unsure you can always call Corel's channel marketing folks and ask if a certain vendor is authorized to sell OEM.

Someone selling a downloadable ISO and calling it OEM sounds fishy to me.

Vinylman

How Do You Know?????

A simple look at the site mentioned above would seem to make it quite obvious that this site is selling PIRATED software.

Note the NUMEROUS misspelled words.

Serious grammatical errors throughout the site.
The continual use of "OEM" is a dead give away.

the fact that they NEVER send your the disks / CDs? there are NO printed manuals with ANY of the software, You must down load from an offshore site, which no doubt include a "wares" package that will include a serial # generator.

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW that would indicate PIRATES AT WORK??