Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CorelDraw 12 Download Version

Discussion in 'Corel' started by John Yucca, Nov 6, 2005.

1. John Yucca

John Yucca New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    I'm considering picking up CorelDraw12. I currently use 10.

I can download an upgrade from Corel for $129 but it comes without fonts or clipart. I have the fonts and clipart collections from Corel 10.

Am I missing anything by not buying a boxed version. Besides a book. I always hit the internet for help with a feature before grabbing the book.

John

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    spend the extra $20 bux and get all the CD's that come with version 12 sent to ya..

3. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    There's a few different fonts in the Corel12 package, including a few Korean double byte Unicode format fonts. They actually came in handy for me on a sign job for a Korean Restaurant (them and the Adobe Song font that comes with Illustrator CS2).

Generally, I very much prefer the retail boxes with the installers on disc. You never know when a hard disc could fail on you and eat the download installer you didn't get around to backing up.

4. John Yucca

John Yucca New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks guys.....I just ordered the boxed version

It comes with that lynda.com training CD as well. Somebody posted links to some of their samples and I learned more yesterday than I learned in several years of playing with the thing.

John