• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw 2019

Andy D

Aww man, then I'd best stay away. I am the king of shortcuts in corel. I can do something like 90% of my work without the mouse, and most of that is zooming, followed by selecting objects. I've always wanted to find a way to assign piano notes to each key on my keyboard and see what kind of music I'm making.

It's not hard at all;
1. find the greyed out "Tools" tab
2. select "Customization"
3. select "commands" in the pop-up window
4 in the drop-down select "Arrange" (I skipped "file" for now to make it less confusing)
5. find the command; "Arrange" and drag it to where you want it. (at first it will be floating, you will have to re-drag them to your toolbar)

upload_2019-12-18_11-36-39.png

6 Do the same for: File, Edit, View, Layout, Effects, Bitmaps, Text, Table, Tools, Windows, Help
7. click OK
8. right click on each toolbar item, select; Customize-Toolbar Item- Caption Only

upload_2019-12-18_11-35-22.png

9. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING; after you set everything up, click "Tools" and click "Save settings as default"

neato

I'm finally going to purchase a new Windows 10 machine this week and probably going to upgrade from X6 to X8 unless you guys can talk me out of it.

Since X8 seems to be the last stable version, where could one still purchase it? Or should I use the workaround above and stick with X6?

It makes me a bit nervous since the PC I'm currently using with X6 has been a workhorse (8-10 hrs a day for almost 8 years). But with Windows 7 heading toward become obselete, I think it's time.

WildWestDesigns

It makes me a bit nervous since the PC I'm currently using with X6 has been a workhorse (8-10 hrs a day for almost 8 years). But with Windows 7 heading toward become obselete, I think it's time.

Keep the computer offline. Get yourself another one to get online and then keep that one to keep offline to do your work with.

Or, do you have the install disc or was this an OEM install? If you have the install disc, get a computer with sufficient amount of RAM and HD space (preferably plenty of SSD space) and run a VM of Win 7 with internet denied. Use share folders to get the files in and out of the system, scan all incoming files especially on your Win 10 machine before they get into the Win 7 machine.

I still have Win 98 running in a VM running on my current Linux machine (due to how the Wacom drivers work, I can actually use my 27QHD in Win 98 as well).

Personally, I prefer the VM option (but your computer must be spec'ed accordingly, that will affect your experience of it all, I can do video editing of HD video in my VMs at native speeds, so that should tell you what VMs are capable of when properly spec'ed out), but it is going to depend on your Win 7 license as to if it's OEM or not (in other words, did you buy it already installed or did you install it yourself).

Jim Hill

My opinion is once they have the cash flow with the subscription based service working this will make the company look more attractive for a buyer.
I have never been a big fan of Private Equity Companies and the way they do business.

Jim