• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw: Back of Layer Question

54warrior

Hey folks, I have a quick question about Corel Draw. Often, I have items in a Powerclip and I want to move one of them to the back of the Layer, so it's at the back of the Powerclip. When I right click and go to that function, it shows I can press Shift+PgDn and it should perform the same function. It doesn't. In fact, none of those shortcut things that are in a "second level" flyout window ever work for me.

What am I doing wrong here? (screen grab attached)

Attachments

• question.png
    question.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 314

Jean Shimp

I have a similar issue when I try "page up" to move an image to the top of the layer. If you click "save" after doing the page up, it goes to the correct layer. It seems to be a bug in the program.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Let's see if I understand you correctly. You want to move a shape that is in the powerclip behind other shapes within the same powerclip?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Right click on the powerclip object. Select 'edit powerclip content' or something like that. Arrange the powerclip contents in whatever way that gets you off. When you have everything the way you want it then do 'finish editing this level' and all of the contents will neatly be tucked back into the frame.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
you can also hold the alt key and select shapes inside without going into the powerclip. USe tab key until you get the shape you're after then use the cntrl+ page up/down keys

houseofmayhem

In Arrange-->Order, you can move things in Power Clip. You need to be in the PC frame and have the item you want to move selected.

unclebun

Hey folks, I have a quick question about Corel Draw. Often, I have items in a Powerclip and I want to move one of them to the back of the Layer, so it's at the back of the Powerclip. When I right click and go to that function, it shows I can press Shift+PgDn and it should perform the same function. It doesn't. In fact, none of those shortcut things that are in a "second level" flyout window ever work for me.

What am I doing wrong here? (screen grab attached)

I just tried doing what you are asking about. I can do the move up/down both by right clicking in Object Manager and using the mouse to click on the up/down or by selecting the object in Object Manager and just using the keyboard shortcut to do what I want.

decalman

I been using Corel 14 years. I use the layer thing all the time. Don't really know what your problem is. When I get stuck....I just, wing it. :donderwolk: