• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corian/Staron Routing

letterman7

I rout Corian a little bit. Is your customer providing the material? A simple wide surface planer on the router will do the job - just take it a little slower and a little at a time - maybe 1/8" at a shot. I wouldn't use a planer as you'll risk cracking the stuff as you approach your target thickness.
1/2" is the only thickness available from Corian standard. You'll pay dearly for a custom thickness.

CheapVehicleWrap

Corain is awesome to work with. It machines like a combo of wood/plastic. Keep in mind the thicker pieces are laminated with colored corian adhesive which is basically corian itself. The dust and chips make HUGE piles. Also remember it's a serious abrasive and can easily put severe wear on your equipment fast.

mygraphicsshop

Hey thanks for the feedback guys. It seems as though routing this substrate is best kept for more industrial type routing equipment. I'm using a Zund G3.