• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corner rounder-go

FS-Keith

we have two of the lassco medium duty. they are both starting to fall apart. I saw on the website they have one for the sign industry and costs 700, and includes only one die. Any other options? I am thinking about making an electric powered one but would rather buy. mainyl for cutting .063 and .080 in 1" round.

SqueeGee

I've been searching, too. My requirements are .100 aluminum and larger radius corners - 1.5" and up. Would love to hear suggestions as well.

skyhigh

Mine is falling apart also, so I'm interested in what you find out. I'd be using it mostly for .063 & .080, but would like if it could handle .125 also.

Here's a bump for the morning crowd.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours is very old. I don't even know if they're made any more.

It's 'Imperial'.

We've found that our vendor can do this for us and only charges 5¢ per corner. In large quantities, it goes down to 3¢.

FS-Keith

yea Russ can do them for me too. i try not to rely on anyone as much as possible, not to mention it is easier to round the corner after the print is laid down.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it's better for us if the panel is pre-cut before printing starts. It's a matter of priorities.

We just did 200pcs .080 aluminum signs and it was only $26 for them to do the corners. [I got 10% overage in stock for mistakes]. I couldn't do it for that. I'd rather have my people doing what we're set up to do and let them make big money for me, rather than having them tied up for an hour or two putting corners on signs. When we only have a few to do, we'll do it in-house.

Gene@mpls

I built this one- this die is good for .063 alum- they had another one for thicker.
I posted it in the tips/tricks I think with more details. Gene

Attachments

• corner rounder.jpg
    corner rounder.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 77
  • corner rounder const.jpg
    corner rounder const.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 58

petepaz

we have 4 foot operated corner rounders, one of which is an electric one. few things, it takes longer because the blade has to run through the full up and down cycle at the speed of the machine (not so fast) and if you miss or move the piece you can't stop it. also i have used it on .060 & .080" alum and it works but it is a lot of strain on the motor.the electric one is ok for small nameplates or decals once you get a rythem going you can wiz through pretty quick. i find the manual operated to be better. the other thing is $700 compared to $1300

FS-Keith

Well, it's better for us if the panel is pre-cut before printing starts. It's a matter of priorities.

We just did 200pcs .080 aluminum signs and it was only $26 for them to do the corners. [I got 10% overage in stock for mistakes]. I couldn't do it for that. I'd rather have my people doing what we're set up to do and let them make big money for me, rather than having them tied up for an hour or two putting corners on signs. When we only have a few to do, we'll do it in-house.

Priorities? No. Equipment, yes
We dont have a flatbed. I print on vinyl and apply to blanks. Much easier to let the corner rounder take off the vinyl on the corner then to try to cut the vinyl around the corner with an xacto of a pre rounded blank.

FS-Keith

I built this one- this die is good for .063 alum- they had another one for thicker.
I posted it in the tips/tricks I think with more details. Gene

I was also thinking about just making my own with that harbor freight arbor. I might go and pick one up and make my own table for it. Glad someone else had my same thought. Thanks for the picture!