• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corners

craigco

I want to make .5" radius corners. How do you to that? I know how to make corners round, but do not know how to adjust their size to what i want.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Craig

Bogie

Pies are square.

A half-inch radius means you're cutting a 1" circle. Only not all of the circle.

Easy tip: Exacto around a quarter, or if you're really feeling like a high roller, use a Susan B...

craigco

For example: i have one of those corner rounders that has a .5" die in it.

I want to add a border to a car magnet. How do i get the border to be the same size as the .5" rounded corner.

Columbia Signs

Not sure I understand what you are asking, but try using the interactive Contour Tool. That will add a border around your .5 corner. Make sure you have the tool selected to outside (or inside) and only 1 step.

dclet

In coreldraw x3

go to Window - Dockers - Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer

choose your corner node, or all 4 nodes

choose "fillet" from drop menu

adjust setting to .5 click apply

you can then contour that to create a border....

*note

Any rectangle you make using the rectangle tool you'll have to convert to curves first (ctrl - Q)

craigco

yea, i have that. But i need to know how to have the .5" corner already there to contour around.

It's easy to make a rounded corner. But how do you know what size it is?

Another example, just talked to someone about getting some aluminum cut. They asked "Is 3/4 radius corner ok?"

I need to know how to draw a rectangle with 3/4" radius corners, so I can see if it is ok.

300mphGraphics

This might be what you're looking for..

Attachments

• round corners.jpg
    round corners.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 123

Columbia Signs

In the tool box flyout select the one right below the "A" text botton. Make it fly out by clicking the little black triangle in the bottom corner. Select the one that looks like many square boxes inside boxes. That is the Contour Tool you need.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
look at the pick.............measure from where the two lines meet out to the outside edge of the sign....that is your radius..

Attachments

• radius.JPG
    radius.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 123
S

Sign-Man Signs

Flexi it's simple. Corel, no idea. I understand your are trying to match your corner radius machine. We just did the trial and error deal on paper till we matched it. We just keep it on file when we do corner radius mag's.

Columbia Signs

Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do....

You have made your rounded corners.... yes / no? You now want to contour a line around them? So when you are done you will have your .5 radious coners and another line that goes around them? Corel 12 has that tool. I remember using it back in ver 9.

Columbia Signs

If all you're trying to do is make a .5 radious corner. Draw a box, use the node tool and slide one of the nodes. All 4 coners nodes will automaticly radious.