• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coro-Plane lift off Sunday

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it sounds like an airplane.................. :Oops:

I think you should try to fix your problems and send it up with Albert III, if you're changing your mind about a real pilot.​

JimJenson

Have you thought about a coro-airboat? Still have that pusher prop?
Makes less of a splat when critical items come un-glued in an airboat than in an airplane.

CheapVehicleWrap

Good Lawd, this is about as disappointing as my last marriage (emphasis on last). At least nobody got killed. I had visions of that thing trailered up outside the pub till real late last night. Nice attempt though really!

ProWraps

needs a steerable tail wheel. without that, until the tail is airborne, you will never overcome the engine torque.

sorry to see it didnt fly. happy to see no one got hurt!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Better safe than sorry - better luck on the next attempt.

By the way did you build in a flight data recorder box?

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Product-200862014488.jpg
    Product-200862014488.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 90

ddubia

Tough outing but you did the smart thing. I'd have been happy with myself just building something that looked like an airplane. You plane is badass and so is your entire crew. Not to make you feel like Cool Hand Luke, but I can't wait to see what's in store next.

SignManiac

Wow! Thank you all for the many positive words of encouragement. This only makes me more determined to follow through with another successful project down the road!

Already planning the sequel...

TheSellOut

Signmaniac's "Coroplast Plane" just popped into my head and the search revealed this exciting thread!!

You weren't kidding when you signed up on 101 with the name SignManiac! I am with Flamey on this "you are my hero"! Even though the take off was not a success I just had to say how proud I am for you to have taken such an creatively bold idea and completely follow through with it! I also want to say "Thanks" for taking all of us sign geeks along for the ride, pushing our imaginations to fly on a finely crafted load of scrap coro!

Might as well and stick with the theme and make it out of 13oz banner material.

obituaries dont come out till monday morning paper)))))))))))))))))))

These two comments had me rolling!

SignManiac...the series of posts that went along with your Coro Plane have to some of the best in 101 History! Thanks again!

SignManiac

Thanks for the encouraging words of support Heath. Although the PlastiPlane started out as a halfhearted joke, we learned a tremendous amount. We now have plans to build a second plane but on a far more serious level with superior materials and engineering. There is actually a strong market for sub $10k experimental aircraft as we have discovered. We have a completely new design and will use aircraft grade aluminum for the key structural areas and possibly carbon fiber components in the body to keep weight down the 254lb. maximum limit. We been out to the airport and met some really experience gyro copter builders who gave us a lot of valuable information and assistance.

It's definitely doable and also a great excuse to drink Heineken on a Wednesday afternoon!

signmeup

Bob, look up the Woodhopper. It was a Popular Mechanics ultra light you built from plans. Has to be the simplest home built yet. You might get some good ideas off it.

SignManiac

Adrian, I think you told me about it a while back and I looked it up. Plywood construction right? I was surprised at how well built it was. There's lots of good stuff available today.