• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corporate Identity Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay students ... it's been a while, but we have a new assignment and design contest for you.

What we have is a new enterprise being started by the Shagnasty brothers, Billy Bob and Bubba. They will be marketing their exclusive line of gourmet meats and snacks. The scope will be international, utilizing mail order, ecommerce, retail stores, shopping mall kiosks, and home delivery. Operations will be both company owned and franchised. Once established, their plans are to go public.

Billy Bob, Bubba and their cousin JR (who is a recent recipient of an MBA and is the CFO) are, apparently very well funded ... having just sold the family farm left to them by their grandma. It was about 2,000 acres just east of Atlanta, GA.

The new enterprise at this point is nameless. Signs 101 has received an ample retainer (some of it still living) to develop their corporate identity from scratch including the name of the enterprise. We will be looking for logos, slogans, graphics for both print and signage branding.

This is your starting point:

URL]

Designs are to be posted back to this thread no later than midnight, Friday, December 1st, 2006. Beginning Saturday, December 2nd a poll will be posted and all registered members may vote for their favorite design. Voting will close at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, December 16th, 2006.

The winning designs will each receive their choice of a number of very nice prizes being donated by Signs 101 Merchant Members with 1st place getting first choice etc. on down the line until we run out of prizes. Prizes will be announced at a later time.

Entries are limited to registered Signs 101 members. Multiple entries are permitted, however, consideration should be given to the possible dillution of your outcome. Withdrawal of an entry, at the request of the designer, is permitted. There is no cost to enter ... just upload directly to this thread. Should there be more than one design but related to the same design entry, it should be uploaded to the same entry post. Multiple entries should each be contained in their own entry post.

Newer members, please do not be confused. This is a contest with prizes that should be a lot of fun. The "client" is fictious and no use of the designs is intended. It is an exercise in creativity ... nothing more.

Bradster941

I'm out,

I just don't have what it takes to improve on what they already have. :Big Laugh

Then again, maybe I'll give it a whirl..

Can't wait to see what all the talent here will come up with..

Seems like a design pool would work rather well here.. :thumb:

Good luck one and all....

i want to commend you for your creativity for dreaming this one up Fred. I predict that based on what we have been given to work with here we are going to see some incredibly creative submissions not to mention some very humorous submissions as well. I am anxious to see what everyone comes up with for this one....let the games begin and may the best designs win.

Checkers

OK, when I first read this, I had something pop into my mind.
So, I had to get it down in some format before I forgot it...

Checkers

Attachments

• dead mouse.jpg
    dead mouse.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 566

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Fred...

What's their phone number ?? :Oops: I lost it last time they came through Reading and I wanted to order some more assorted mouse dropping sausage and some of that ratty tail burger meat without all the preservatives. That's sum good tastin' UFDA Meat'.

Git-R-Done

Bradster941 said:
Seems like a design pool would work rather well here.. :thumb:

I don't know. It doesn't seem like that will do any favors for these guys as I don't think even the gene pool did them any justice.:Cool 2:

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

G-R-D

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Prize for the contest

I'm in for the prize to give away. Any suggestions for which would be the best Big Squeegee for the contest? Name your prize!:thumb:

Last edited:

toucan_graphics

In keeping with their desire to expand globally and become an international franchise, I've borrowed from Rock Cafe and included the city name for a few franchise locations. And think of the merchandising possibilities! T-shirts, hats, mugs, etc.

shagnasty logo.jpg shagnasty logo Berlin.jpg shagnasty logo korea.jpg shagnasty logo Paris.jpg shagnasty logo Tiajuana.jpg

Jillbeans

These are fun!
I have an idea but need to refine it instead of just puking out stuff like I usually do.
love...Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Toucan...

You should be ashamed of yourself. You left out Baghdad, where this is a delicacy.

Road kill is considered top notch over there and served in their finest restaurants left-handed to the public... except for the few that eat at McDonald’s where it’s Camel Dungo Burgers. That’s why they wear those veils… it hides the lizard entrails.

:unclesam:

Status
Not open for further replies.