• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cortisone Shots

signmeup

40 is about when an active fellow such as yourself will begin to realize that just because you can do something, doesn't neccesarily mean you should.

S

SignTech

yeah ......... problem is, the brain is still in 26 mode not 46 lol ...........

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They say, don't get old, but that's only a saying.

My Dad, when he was alive, was down at Cape May Point, NJ. He was just doing a day trip and was around 72 or 73 at the time. He visited many of the spots our family went to when I was very small. Anyway, this day he wanted to go out on the rocks to walk out the wave breaker and feel the mist off the ocean and look at the old ship sunk out in the channel. He took a runny and jumped......... and busted his face, knees, legs and arms all up. He wiped himself clean and came to my house. I asked him what the other guy looked like. He told me in his mind.... he could see himself making the jump and landing on the rock. He had everything figured out.... timing, elevation, wind direction and so forth, but his body didn't cooperate. He said, it was his first experience of getting old.

It's tough, but take care of yourself while you're young. 46 is not at all old yet. Don't buy into the age thing. Age is a number....... not a hurt thermometer. I'm about 28 in my head. I just can't make 28 year old decisions anymore or I'll be in trouble all of the time. :Oops:

mark in tx

I opted for some acupuncture instead of cortisone in the knees.
It worked pretty well.

Since Gino started it, I'll throw in a funny Dad injury story.
My father was about 35 years old and was playing softball, he tried a Pete Rose slide into second base and managed to separate the cartilage between the ribs on his right side. Not all the ribs, but enough of them to collapse a lung and require major surgery.
He really was not an organised sports kind of guy after that.