• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cost of new logo design?

SignProPlus-Chip

Just curious as to a ballpark of what some of you charge?

For example, say an independent contractor, a one man operation...he wants business cards but also wants a logo created.

Places I used to work (but not design for) cobbled clip art together from the internet and charge $30-60 for the work. Not my cup of tea.

In my experience I never charged a dime below $250 for a job like this. That was usually a flat rate for a job where I had creative control and just output a logo.

It goes up from there by the hour if the client gets too involved and starts burning time with revision after revision.

So what's your take?

TXFB.INS

granted I am not the designer,

but I seem to remember him saying a VERY SIMPLE logo starts at $180 then goes up.
this includes the release of ownership

products and product layout are extra

J

john1

Honestly, Depends on the customer. Typically $199-$249 though. I sometimes outsource the design and sometimes do it in house depending on what it is. Typical small mom and pop operation.

I would love to get what some on here are getting but i'm not there yet. I received a quote from a logo designer once for starting at a few grand...Yeah

anotherdog

we never charge for the "item", given that a logo is so personal and can go through many revisions. We charge by the hour. Sometimes we hit the ball first swing and the logo can be $150-200, sometimes it can run on and on. It's an incentive for the client to focus early.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We charge for a block/window of time set aside to create a logo or image. We itemize it as a retainer. If we don't use it all up in design time, we allow the remainder to go towards any signs they might need afterwards. If more time is needed we extend it for a second block of time. The more time they use up, the more it costs, but they are buying more than just a emblem or style of letters. It's an all encompassing achievement.

Years ago, I heard of agencies getting thousands of dollars and even 10's of thousands for doing almost crude work.... and many times copied, so I always felt charging this way was more fair for the customer and you.

TheSnowman

We outsource all our logo design to Phillip, we generally charge our customer 3x his rate.

This...but it depends how bad I want the job. I normally don't separate out "logo design", because everyone here seems to think everything should be free, so I just include his design in with whatever the item is I'm quoting, and it's all rolled into "production cost".

Craig Sjoquist

For small business & new, simple fonts & maybe something else simple starts at $150 it goes up fast when they want other then that or if large business. I've only have had 3 willing to pay.

But again most of my work is just proper layout for sign advertising, logos & graphics supplied these days.