• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

could in-house static cause my problem

Melodie.pixel

Hi guys :)

I was wondering if in-house static could cause this : :banghead: :banghead:

I Had a SC-500 that i sold to buy a transformed CJ-500 both 54"
My SC-500 did'nt print-cut at the right place even with all the possible ajustments, i just did'nt remember how it was as when we bough it but here is the real question, The CJ-500 i bought from a friend who had it for 4-5 years and always print+cut perfect, i got it to my office about 2 months ago until this week it was a dream come true!!! and now let say i print stickers, the first foot of cuting facing the machine from right to left is perfect then it goes off down and right 1/8 " equally for the remaining width

using flexisign and tryed colorchoice too

what ever i do does'nt fix it, changed the computer, the cable, material, the software... cleaned the encoder scale (soapy water ;) ) :noway:

Thanks for your time!
Melodie

You clean the encoder scale with alcohol only - the ink won't come off with soapy water. Then do an Environmental match. Most likely you have a dirty encoder scale (strip), be SURE to clean behind the home port area where your heads dock now - many miss this step. Also, your dealer can check the tension of the cable, this could be loose (or too tight) - you need a special too to measure the tension of the cable.

Melodie.pixel

Thanks for your reply i also miss the begining of the encoder when i clean it and also will use alcohol and give it another try i was out of ideas ;)

Techman

make sure the transverse drive belt is clean. Sometmes a particle will get on the pulling side (between the motor pully and belt) and cause a skip.