• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple-a-Things / Scavinger Hunt

signage

Suz try starting Corel while holding the F8 key while opening Corel (this sets everything to defaults).

Suz

Tah-Dah!!!

Signage, Thanks again, I done did it! I don't think I would have gotten there without the group participation, I was giving up too early. Thank you everybody: S'N'S, JHill, Bly, RobbyMac, Oldgoat, Starsign, Bigfish Gene, Mod-Zel, Ragedracer. Also, Thanks Fatboy and Roto, I was thinking if you two could do the color chart thing from the tutorial, I'd better keep trying!!!

See attachment of my color chart. It was a 2-page chart. After getting my chart to show up, I took the colors from page two, copied them, made a larger page size (17"x11") and set them next to the colors on page one.

Is there a better way to do that part? Or some way I can get all of the colors to land neatly on the same page? I did set my page size before making my chart, but still got the 8 1/2" x 11" format automatically. If anybody has ideas about how to choose page size in advance, that would be very useful.

Oh, another question... I guess I thought that I could get every color in my PMS charts to print somehow. This chart has 102 colors in it. Can I get more? I sound like an addict now. I am! Haha!

Thanks again everyone!

Suz try starting Corel while holding the F8 key while opening Corel (this sets everything to defaults).

Attachments

• Suz Default Color Chart Corel X3.jpg
    Suz Default Color Chart Corel X3.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 47

signage

Suz the chart you ran was your CMYK chart. I found out that the charts that show in the list are the palettes you have open. So if you want a Pantone chart you need to open the Pantone Palette! I have not found a way to make the page bigger, I think you would need to go into the Macro and edit the page size.

Suz

Thanks Brian!!!
I was wondering if that was the case. Thanks for answering that "thought" before it became a question. Haha! You are good Santa!!!! Thanks for going the extra mile! :) Merry Christmas to you too!

Suz

Suz and you have a Merry Christmas also!

Thanks again Brian! Hey, after pushing it a bit further, I figured out how to get the whole Pantone Coated Color list into my palette. Then, using your instructions, make a swatch chart out of it.

Note: This thing is 19 pages long and I'm expanding the page size to poster size. Don't know what the final size is yet, but looks like I need more room. I'm condensing all the info on the 19 pages down to the one poster page. Then I can print it on my materials to see how the colors look. Yay!!!

The color palette will let you customize it to only 7 rows, but that is fine. Much better than all in 1 row! That is it off to the right of coarse. Looks crazy, ha?

I decided that I wanted to include the PMS color numbers, so selected that option. Afterall, what is the purpose of the chart with no PMS numbers?

This is a work in progress, I've got my layout almost have done. Then I'll have a chart I can use to print from. This is the type of chart we had when I worked for the Newspapers and what I went by when designing something for a Customer. the press dept. would pre-print color charts for Sales purposes. The colors would show on the Newsprint material, or whatever material we were going to print the job on. That way, you had a pretty good idea of what your colors would look like when the job went to press.

Thanks again!
Sue

Attachments

• Suz PMS Coated Color Swatches Chart.jpg
    Suz PMS Coated Color Swatches Chart.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Suz PMS Color Close Up.jpg
    Suz PMS Color Close Up.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
if you make your template one swatch narrower, you can get each "pagelet" from the pantone book on a single line... (but you'll have a couple more pages...

J Hill Designs

yeah I use the default 8.5"x11" page size, RIP the whole thing with borders turned on around the pages, then cut em up and I have manila folders with the pages on different materials - alot easier than pulling out the large poster :thumb:

Suz

Oldgoat & Jhill, Thank you! I will keep playing. This is becoming more automatic. Hey, you can teach an old dog new tricks. Love that!!! 20+ years on computers and I could make a custom color palette, but never made my own custom swatch chart. But then again, I started with Aldus Freehand version 1, and back then the Photoshop that I know now was Aldus Photostyler. I used Pagemaker back then too, not anymore. I used Quark, not anymore. I know, Software for the printing industry has gone through quite a few transitions, acquisitions, and upgrades, whatever. Haha! Dinosaur!

Corel used to seem like a toy program. Now I think I prefer it for my graphics. I do use the Adobe and Corel Suites, but lean toward Corel Illustractor now for my vector work. I do like Adobe Photoshop for bitmaps best still.

I'm so happy!!! Thank you!

Suz

Poster size

yeah I use the default 8.5"x11" page size, RIP the whole thing with borders turned on around the pages, then cut em up and I have manila folders with the pages on different materials - alot easier than pulling out the large poster :thumb:

Jhill, Yep, think I'll print charts out in posters and in pages. I wanted posters for my wall, lots of wall space! Then a Customer can walk up and point at a color. Would be cool wallpaper too, for my Art Studio. :) You know, I'm an Art f.a.r.t. (Oops, f.a.r.t. is a 4-letter word) who knew? Had to spell it out for y'all, didn't want you to think I'd type any real 4-letter words. Haha!

Last edited:

Suz

Jhill, thanks again for your ideas here. I went ahead and cut them up into pages and it is more convenient. Decided I really don't want posters, not now anyhow. They turned out great! I used them yesterday when designing some wine labels for a Customer. It was so nice to see the printed colors from my own printer while I was designing. Yay!