• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

couple helmet wraps

EGI

Well, they are very well done. I don't think I'd have the patience for that, let alone for 6 hours of work and maybe two hours of design and stuff, I think I'd have a hard time getting $800 for one of them. Anyway, around here.

Thanks Gino. You're not that far from us, and I have A LOT of requests for them. Not to mention I have my personal helmet wrapped, so people can walk right up and see it. And I've spent my time pricing these things correctly to make a descent margin and not under cut anyone. If anything, when pricing, I always round up to cover anything that might bite me... The money lost on time is made up by the little amount of material used. Labor in installation is the biggest factor. Design time and material cost is pretty low. Not to mention Gino, do you have any idea how much helmets cost? I talk to people that have spent $800 just on the helmet, and then want it wrapped...

Tigertron

Thanks to all!

And no it doesn't void warranty, and no the steel and diamond plates don't add to the protection...

I know that painting a helmet does void the warranty. I know airbrush artists that make customers sign a release. Also they won't paint over a used helmet for fear of covering a hairline crack. You don't want to be the guy who is blamed for a helmet failure.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Gino. You're not that far from us, and I have A LOT of requests for them. Not to mention I have my personal helmet wrapped, so people can walk right up and see it. And I've spent my time pricing these things correctly to make a descent margin and not under cut anyone. If anything, when pricing, I always round up to cover anything that might bite me... The money lost on time is made up by the little amount of material used. Labor in installation is the biggest factor. Design time and material cost is pretty low. Not to mention Gino, do you have any idea how much helmets cost? I talk to people that have spent $800 just on the helmet, and then want it wrapped...

Nope, never knew how much they cost. Mine cost $65 and I thought that was alot, but then, I'm only on a bicycle..... :Oops:

I'm not sure where you are, but I'm figuring like York or Gettysburg. Perhaps you can get that $$ out there, but not catering to that kind of crowd, we 're not in touch with it and I don't think I've had more than 2 or 3 guys for helmets in the last 10 years. I hand painted and airbrushed a bunch back in the early and mid 70's. Got away from that sort of stuff and went directly for commercial work and big work at that. I'm not belittling what you're doing, not by any means. You have a nice gig going there. I just can't do it anymore by hand and not into the little wrap jobs.

Do you do partial or full wraps on vehicles ??

EGI

I know that painting a helmet does void the warranty. I know airbrush artists that make customers sign a release. Also they won't paint over a used helmet for fear of covering a hairline crack. You don't want to be the guy who is blamed for a helmet failure.

Yeah I can see how painting would be different, but with wrapping, it's basically just putting A LOT of stickers all over it. However, I will look deeper into warranties.

EGI

Nope, never knew how much they cost. Mine cost $65 and I thought that was alot, but then, I'm only on a bicycle..... :Oops:

I'm not sure where you are, but I'm figuring like York or Gettysburg. Perhaps you can get that $$ out there, but not catering to that kind of crowd, we 're not in touch with it and I don't think I've had more than 2 or 3 guys for helmets in the last 10 years. I hand painted and airbrushed a bunch back in the early and mid 70's. Got away from that sort of stuff and went directly for commercial work and big work at that. I'm not belittling what you're doing, not by any means. You have a nice gig going there. I just can't do it anymore by hand and not into the little wrap jobs.

Do you do partial or full wraps on vehicles ??

I'm only on a bicycle too (DH bike) and my helmet retails for $400.00... Depends on what you're doing.

Believe it or not, PA (we're located in Hummelstown) is a hot bed for MX and dirt track racing. And you wouldn't believe what these guys spend on stuff! I've already done 4 sprint cars this year, and still have more to go, and they all want their helmets to match the cars!

We do full/partial vehicle wraps too, that's what got me started on helmets.