• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cracked Wiper Scraper

wwpro

Hi there

I was doing some cleaning on my SP300V based on what I was reading on the forums to try to fix my banding and overspray issues, and when I was cleaning the wipers I noticed the wiper scraper was sitting in a weird position, so I removed the metal cover and it was broken almost in half.

I took it and traced it with a pen on a piece of cardboard so I can cut a new one from some mylar I have that is similar to the material this one is made, but my problems are :

1: can I run the machine without the wiper scraper at least for a while ?
2 : what's the proper position for that piece ? I was trying to fit it in place but I had a really hard time doing it.

Someone with a printer without the cover that can share a picture of how the scraper sits in there ?

Ohh , and I cleaned my encoder strip ..... nasty !!!!!!
:thankyou:

FrankW

I would suggest to buy a genuine one. If you build one yourself and be a little bit out of size, you could run into problems, for example Wiper Protection Errors or inadequate cleaning of the wipers.

New versions of the wiper scraper will not broke easily anymore, because roland uses new material (black instead of transparent). And they are not very expensive.

Insertion of the scraper is really easy: it have on every side two pins or arms. These will match to holes at the left and right side at the holder. You will need to bend it a little bit to fix both sides in the corresponding holes.

wwpro

Thanks Frank, I 'll order a new one, but gonna try and see if I can find something here, because they're asking me over $30 in shipping for an $8 piece. Until I have a new one it would be hard to try placement because this one is broken and doesn't sit properly in place

ThinkRight

Thanks Frank, I 'll order a new one, but gonna try and see if I can find something here, because they're asking me over $30 in shipping for an $8 piece. Until I have a new one it would be hard to try placement because this one is broken and doesn't sit properly in place

See...
It is not an $ 8.00 part.
It is a $ 38.00 part with free shipping !!!
:ROFLMAO:
Pay the shipping and and quit modifying with homemade parts.
The time spent trying to make a part that may or may not work paid for the part plus shipping.

Jack Knight1979

The new black style scrapers last years. I replaced mine this month just because. It was a couple years old.

Usually I take them out and properly clean them when I'm bored or have nothing going on at the shop.

kanini

Should you clean the scrapers, and if yes, how often? I haven't cleaned mine very good yet, but when I see some gunk (lint etc.) on them I remove it with the swabs. My tech have never mentioned it needs cleaning and neither does any manual I have...

kanini

OK, will do that from now on, strange that my tech didn't advise me to do so when we had the training on our first Versacamm a long time ago... When you look at it you see some ink buildup so of course it needs to be cleaned to perform well (if I think about it...) Thank you very much for the reply!

Jack Knight1979

Right.

Wipers are cleaned regularly. Once or twice a week with the manual cleaning regimen.

Scraper is cleaned, "once in a while". When it's caked with partially solidified inks and lint it's due for a cleaning.