• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craptasmigorical.

os101king

I do so much love Flexi. Production Manager has now taken to just DUMPING at any time it feels the need. Just to be neighborly, it takes the running application of Flexi with it. Wish the salesman had told me I should dedicate one computer to this not-ready-for-prime-time software, because running more than one program at a time seems to 'offend' it's delicate sensibilities.

What a f#$%&*g joke. If I wrote software with this many bugs I'd buy a f$%^&*g Orkin franchise before I published just to cover all the ones I'd have to clean up. This was the information windows error reporting provided me.

AppName: app.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.1 ModName: fscore.dll
ModVer: 8.0.0.1 Offset: 0004e121

Next time this craptastic application dumps (which should be in a few hours) I'll be sure to include the entire report.

Not really expecting much, just venting.

ahollow

I can feel your pain, but I can honestly say I've never had a Flexi problem yet. I'm running FLexi Pro on a 4 year old Dell laptop, running my Mutoh and Graphtec, along with an Epson 1280 and HP 2600. I can have PM, Flexi, and Corel or Photoshop up at the same time with no problems. I'm running ver 7.6, I have 8.0 on the shelf for 2 years but never had the need to install it.

I don't rip gig-size files, but I've been happy with Flexi since I started with it over 2 years ago.

Hope you find the problem soon.

DOGraphics

Craptasmigorical

Your search - Craptasmigorical. - did not match any documents.
Suggestions:
  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.
I need your dictionary ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

eforer

Well, I can sympathize with the OP. I have a dedicated RIP machine which just runs the production manager. It can just become totally unstable for no apparent reason and require re-installs with alarming frequency. Also, flexi's Mimaki compatibility is greatly overstated. We get frequent problems that interrupt and destroy print jobs that we've traced back to the RIP. I am not super satisfied, but am into the flexi system for many thousands of $$$.

SignBurst PCs

Are you running 8.5? This seems to be a popular theme with 8.5 v1. I have heard that 8.5 v2 may be a bit more stable. An update may fix the issue.

customcreations

I feel your pain too!! Flexi is the most unstable program I have ever seen. I have been thru 3 different versions and they all suck. For the kind of money it costs and as long as it has been out it should be bulletproofed by now. I now of lots of folks with the same crap happening to them. The usual "unrecovarable error", my fav!! ---Phillip

blackicefx

try clearing your preferences. you can find the option in your start menu of programs under flexi. if that doesn't work, then uninstall, reinstall. I just had my LXi software (toned down Flexi) Production Manager dump on me repeatedly and after a reinstall, works fine. Wish I would have tried to clear preferences first... might have been a quicker fix.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

I have been using SignLab since 4.95, and have always been happy with it. Cadlink will give a nice "competing discount" to legitimate license holders of the competition's products.

PartyMatt

I've been using Flexi 8.5 v1 for about 6 months to print on a Mutoh VJ and in all that time I can't recall EVER having Flexi crash or ruin a print. I run it on my design station and often am designing in Photoshop or using office applications while Flexi RIP's/prints. No stability problems here!

I gues YMMV with Flexi.

os101king

I feel your pain too!! Flexi is the most unstable program I have ever seen. I have been thru 3 different versions and they all suck. For the kind of money it costs and as long as it has been out it should be bulletproofed by now. I now of lots of folks with the same crap happening to them. The usual "unrecovarable error", my fav!! ---Phillip

Ditto. Into it for too much money to A) switch or B) not bitch. Seems completely ridiculous that something so expensive (can be) so touchy. I'm disgusted, have been since I bought it. But what the hell can I do? Spend another five g's on another program and spend a year learning that one? How can Adobe ( and damned near every other software designer, except EA ) make version after version of (their software) Photoshop as bulletproof as it is? Really, the reasons that they offer for selling Crapxi for so much money are ludicrous, especially given the amount of time they DIDNT spend de-bugging.

I saved the report from my "error reporting" window that Windows pulls up every time PM or Flexi dumps on me. I can forward that to any Flexecutive that happens to read this post...maybe that can help.
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

But what the hell can I do? Spend another five g's on another program and spend a year learning that one?

Oh hell no! I am fairly certain that it would cost nowhere near as much to convert to Cadlink.

Try sending a PM to Rod (from Cadlink). Explain your situation and your requirements. I am sure that they will try and do whatever possible. I am not saying that Cadlink is your only alternative but as much grief as you are having something has to give and I do think that Cadlink will the most willing to help (as I pray they do not make a liar out of me - which I do not think they will).

They say that "it is only the fool that does not ask"....ya just never know until you do.

P

ProWraps™

production manager crashed on us quite a bit ruining lots of materials in mid print. we just built a machine with intel core 2 quad 9450 and 8 gigs of ram. we are hoping this fixes the issue.

thewood

Still running v7 here with no problems to speak of--great workflow.

This doesn't solve your problem, but if you open Pro Manager by itself, then open Flexi, when you need to shut down PM or it crashes, it won't affect Flexi.

Also, you should be using a dedicated RIP machine and shouldn't be running any other apps anyways.

B Snyder

Why does anyone use Flexi with a VersaCAMM? Roland gives you a good RIP that is free and you can buy all three "real" graphics programs like CorelDraw, Illustrator and Photoshop for much less money than Flexi. What does Flexi allow you to do for the extra few thousand dollars?