• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Craptasmigorical.

os101king

thanks... sorry for the ranting

I know I can be slightly less than professional (and way too sarcastic) so I'd like to apologize for that and thank everyone for the suggestions. I think I am going to check out building another machine for rips. I think that Flexi's salesmen need the most help of ANYONE in the chain, really. I was given no real helpful information when I purchased it, as a matter of fact I was told it would run fine on a Celeron processor (which was from the supposed tech at the supplier I will not mention) which was TOTALLY FALSE.

I realize now I should have built a third machine for rips. I wasn't told it wasn't necessary, but neither was I told that it was.... or would even be helpful. I think if the "tech" had known anything about Flexi for real, he would have given me much more helpful info, and I would probably have a much higher opinion of Flexi. Hope this helps some people out there deciding on software or trying to troubleshoot Crapxi.

Thanks again, everybody! (I'll be publishing that dictionary in the fall... )

B Snyder

I use one computer for designing and ripping with no problems. If you're printing and designing lots of huge files everyday I think having a separate RIP computer could improve workflow but its never been necessary for me.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Maybe we're just lucky. Been using Flexi since 6.0 version. Never any problems. We use 8.0 on XP now. We'll never go Vista.

signmack

We've been using FlexiPro 8.5v2 for a few months with constant crashes. Probably 15-20 a day! I don't use the Flexi Rip, I use VersaWorks but our crashes usually happen when we print to the desktop printer, just a little HP. One thing I have found is that if I turn off (snooze) the Virus Protection before I print the file it's helped. I'm like most of you folks, I've had it with Flexi. They need to get it together. I'm going to look into Adobe Illustrator.:frustrated:

Air Art Girl

I have been using SignLab since 4.95, and have always been happy with it. Cadlink will give a nice "competing discount" to legitimate license holders of the competition's products.

I have never had Flexi crash but, my SignLab/FastArtist crashed 4 times today. Just out of the blue, it will crash. Ticks me off when I have not done a recent save.