• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation PCUT CT630 issues

zenith13

Repost from other thread - since there's other discussions going on:

--
I just purchased a PCUT CT630, and having some troubles.

I set it up according to the instruction, used the driver provided.

I'm using ArtCut, which came with the CT630, Windows 2000 SP4, USB interface.

Here are my symptoms:

From the artcut, I click on "Cut/Plot" button and the CT630 starts to plot few lines. But, about 2 seconds later, the blade holder goes all the way to the left, pushes the red button, and I get a message "Waiting" displayed on the small LCD screen. At this stage, no buttons work.

When the blade holder is pushing the red button, nothing works, as I (attempt to) physically move it towards the centre again, the CT630 resets.

I used "Test" button in Artcut, the plotter draws a circle/square and the the blade goes all the way to the left again, same thing happens.

Could it be a driver problem? software? hardware?

Can anyone help me?

I just tried again without blade this time, it worked.... so it could be something to do with a setting?

Thanks in advance.

chopper

some of those machine are adversly affected by static, this may be the cause of your problem since it dose not have a problem when it is not in contact with the vinyl, but I do not know how to stop the problem , check through the posts in other types of plotters you may find an answer in there//chopper

Ken

I have the identical machine and I had this happen to me once, but only with one particular font..Babylon. Could be the font you are cutting has a fault. I use the WinPC Sign software that came with my machine. I was advised against Art-Cut.
When the machine goes all the way over to touch the red button...turn off the machine then slide the cut head over manually, then restart.
My supplier of the machine also says grounding is important. But it comes with a grounded plug. You could try running a wire from the frame of the machine to a ground..ie..the screw in the middle of your wall receptacle.
Has your machine been working well prior to this?
Have you tried a differnet file to cut, or does it do this all the time? I think if there is an open path in your vector file it would cause the machine to " loose its mind" so to speak.
Hope this helps...
Ken

zenith13

It finally worked!

I did few things, so it could be one of the followings:

First, the nodes were too close together in my artwork, so I spaced them out.

Second, In case of the static issue, I placed a piece of wire sitting on top of the vinyl roll to the ground of PC via exposed metal contact on the USB connector.

Third, I disabled "Sharp Angle" compensation setting in Artcut.

I have now successfully cut 3 designs consecutively without failure.

It's a brand new machine, freshly out of box just 2 days ago.

Thanks everyone for the hints and comments, they have gave me the hope (hope that I didn't buy a dodgy cutter) and ideas. I'm sure I'll have more questions later. :)

Ken

Good on 'ya!

Glad to hear you're up and running.
There is a new poll on the home page here about the P-Cut..you may be able to help him out. Read the post associated with the thread.
Ken

zenith13

I have another question.

It seems when I cut a circle, the knife doesn't seem to complete the circle. It misses by about 0.5mm. I would prefer if it can cut the vinyl completely. Is that a setting issue or a limitation of the machine?

zenith13

Yes, it is offset. In ArtCut, it would be "Close", under Plotter Compensation Tab. It's now set to 0.35mm. It works very well. Thanks.

I want to confirm that it was "Sharp Angle" compensation setting that caused the original problem, so I turned that off completely.

Samm

Does anyone have the problem on their CT630, where it sems to 'forget' where it's at?

On the odd occassion when I need to use the Pcut, it will be cutting, stop, appear to 'think' and recut the letter it was on, usually going straight across it and leaving a chunk cut that shouldnt be!

Annoying when I am flat out and have to recut a letter or word.

Thanks in advance,
Sam

LightHouse

I used to have problems when i started out with a pcut, then after all the driver/offset/ program issues i just got a graphtec fc7000 series and called it a day, wha ti day that way i stayed up all night cutting i was so amazed at the new machine.

Samm

I was pretty much the same when I switched to a Roland. Had to keep the Pcut though, amazing how often both are in use!

LightHouse

I cant read what my last post was supposed to mean! i must have been in a hurry, anyway, I still have my pcut but it sits in the corner. never use it becsaue it doesnt put out the quality i need in a good time frame.

Samm

LOL I just reread it and can see what you mean - the extra words have me now!!!

but hey, understood what you meant :)