• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation Pcut CT630 Not booting.

floyd9090

I just bought my ct630 a few weeks ago. When I first got it it was working fine. I was making cuts with no problems with flexi. Just the other day, it was in a middle of a cut when it it went bad. While in making a cut the knife went all the way to left and stoppped. I tried to reseting it by pressing the reset button, unplugging the machine, and disconnecting the usb cable. All I get is black row of blocks when I start up the machine. Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

Pro Image

Have you call the company you bought it off of.............?

Sound like its dead.............

OH

Howdee from VA............

TonyHoles

It's probably a software issue and not a hardware problem. Are you using flexi? If so, reset your preferences or do a complete re-install. If you are serious about the sign industry I would upgrade that plotter very, very soon.

Techman

Software?
when all the machine shows is a row of black dots?

Sorry. It sounds like something more than software..

if al it does is show a row of dots then its dead. If it will not make a single move to home then its dead.

TonyHoles

I have a tendency to proof read posts too quickly and I agree with Techman after rereading the post. I would still look at buying up on your next plotter for sure.

floyd9090

Thanks for the tips,
all of a sudden the machine managed to get it back online some how some way just by turning it back on, So i ran a test cut through flex. The cutter scratched the vinyl few times then when about cutting the image normally. The next cut was normal with no problems.

This is my first cutter ive ever owned. I will invest in a good one once i now what im doing. Thanks for your feed back guys.

matsuru2

I had the same problem too with my p-cut 1200, the supplier says maybe I didn't grounded the power properly....now It's still working ......But I'm looking to upgrade, looking for a much better cutter, a 64' cutter.....can you give me some advice which brand should I choose ,which brand is better,mimaki, summa, roland or graphtec..?

4R Graphics

The graphtecs are nice. I started out with a pcut it was ok never could feed anything more than about 8 feet without it tracking way off but hey it worked. So good luck to you guys and dont get more work than you can handle as those Pcuts are flakey and you dont want a busted cutter and jobs waiting.

bradw1

i have had a pcut 24 inch cutter since they came out with them. i think sep will be 5 years i have had it. knock on wood i have not had no problems with it what soever. even had it fall out the back of my truck(had it tied down just the wrong way. past a 18 wheeler and out it went.) last year when i moved places. loaded it up took it home thinking the worse. pluged it up and i think it cut better than it ever has. maybe i got one of the good ones lol. was gonna upgrade this year but got hooked up with another guy that bought a printer. take care of it and it should survive your learning curve. brad

gnatt66

did you pull the head away from the red button? cause nothin is gonna happen until that button is released.

my p-cut sits as a backup now, but it worked fine for the few months i needed it to.

floyd9090

I did pull the head away from the red button but it was still acting up before it magically started to work again. although i recieved an email from the people i bought the machine from and they said that the red buttons sometimes get stuck pressed in even with the head away from it. I made sure the buttons where released. Every since then my machine has been working with no problems.