• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

creative suite subscription is here

Biker Scout

Told ya... it's coming, cloud based Photoshop, will soon be just an App that you can use on your tablet, that can be manipulated with your fingers.

Oh wait, they've already announced that.

Keep your computers functioning, resist the upgrade for as long as you can.

Seriously though... I've been plenty happy with CS3 up until I just upgraded. It's only been a minor annoyance over the last year to have to ask only a handful of clients to back save their artwork for me.

That's really the only thing that's going to force me to the cloud someday... the incompatiblity of future versions and if they switch processors/OS re-design etc.

WildWestDesigns

That connected computer is the one running the antivirus, anti spyware, etc... I don't need that stuff taking up resources on a production computer.

I do run my production computers online, but I haven't had any resource issues with regard to anti-virus taking up too much. One computer is going on 3 yrs now. No virus, no nothing, at least nothing showing up yet.

I honestly wonder if those that have the copious problems are looking up stuff that lends itself to having people try to plant virus from. Or they are loading programs that actually "conflict" with each other.

Biker Scout

Flexi actually required my computer to be logged on to the interwebs when launched. Otherwise it went into demo mode. I don't see the future iterations of Creative Suite to be anything different.

It's like having a cell phone. It's almost assumed that most people will have them, much like most businesses will have their computers hooked up to AlGore's Super Highway. So, Adobe will guarantee a profit center for those who choose to use their products, and don't really care about those outliers "Off The Grid" so to speak. All their products now have online integration and collaboration capabilities now.

It's not really all that bad of a model. However, unless you are a sometimes user, and/or a part time designer where you aren't actually making money with their software, you're screwed. I anticipate more and more things being "designed" in Publisher if this happens. Maybe more open source programs will take hold like InkScape or Gimp.

Adobe has to pay for their two skyscrapers somehow... all these illicit versions of PhotoShop floating around the P2P sites is really cramping some CEO's style.