• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

credit card fraud

wildside

Everyone pay attention to your credit card activity!

We are getting hit with bad charges from someone getting ahold of our business credit card number. Last time this happened, it was due to one of our sign suppliers getting their system hacked and a ton of numbers stolen.

Don't know if that is what happened again, but most likely alot of us use the same suppliers, therefore some of you may be experiencing the same thing, or are about too.....:frustrated:

showcase 66

Had my Discover Card hit a couple weeks ago. Was down in Tucson for my Sister in law's Graduation. Had my Card held for the tab. Get home and checked my statements to find that I had apparently made purchases at the same bar 4 nights in a row ranging from $78 to $390 each night. Called Discover, they cancelled the transactions, called the Bar and spoke to the manager. Turned out, that one of the Bartenders was "comping" drinks to some of the good looking women but charging my card for the end of the night so that he wouldnt get in trouble. Still got in trouble.

mopar691

Yep, I had to cancel 1 card today. Bunch of train tickets and motels throughout Europe in the last few days showed up on there.

Ranging from 3.85 train fare to 880 for Air France ticket purchases.

Little buggers like to move around alot!!!!!!!!

Stuckup

I had a good time in Slovenia and England and Lithuania. Pity I was not there at the time, but apparently my cards were. Always get the money back, IF you see it and challenge it. The Bank is Liable, so they are usually pro active, like send emails or texts if you suddenly start buying in another continent. Three times have bank accounts emptied, but never since getting a key generator for on-line banking.

Pat Whatley

Big charges are easy to spot. The ones that most people get his with are $15 - $30 charges that appear under some impossible to decipher name or name that looks really familiar (like HomDeSales) The amount is small enough that most people just assume they forgot what they bought and don't even bother to dispute it. If they do dispute it they get tired of the hassle and forget about it.

the graphics co

I had one a couple months ago, they were buying train tickets in France for around $500.

I got a letter from Pantone about a month later that stated there was a security breach 3 months prior which they didn't think would affect their customers...they were wrong.

anotherdog

my 2 cents are all the tiny subscriptions. I was still paying for a magazine I had cancelled years ago. They stopped sending the magazine but kept billing the card.

I also had a restaurant that "fudged" the tip by adding a zero. Made the tip larger than the meal. It's these little "accidental" charges that sting.

We now have a seperate company credit card just for gas with a $500 limit. I like to fill up but don't like paying for a set of tires in Mexico city.

visual800

i watch mine and i dispute anyhting that doesnt look normal

I had card number taken 3 times last year. one was on walmart.com it was playstation games they were sent to a dorm at the Univ of Texas. I called my attorney general in alabama . I was told there was nothing we can do cuase the itmes were sent to TX. i called TX atty general they said they cant do anyhting cause the card was in alabama. I knew right them no one really cares but chase has always been there for me. It sickens me others will take what they want when they want it and nothing is done about it

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ours got hit over the weekend with some charges from Blizzard..... Amex called and already has a new card on the way.