• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critics welcome compliments enjoyed!

Jackflush

Gorgor
Is there any hope for a hack like me. Someday... maybe. My client fell in love with the ribbons on the sides. Do you all have any suggestions. I broke the font rules what else does your eye tell you about this one. Ill put my catchers mask on and standby.

Attachments

• 20 year sample.jpg
    20 year sample.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 121

CanuckSigns

it's not bad for a first revision, a few suggestions:
- can you make the ribbons more flowing, they don't really look like ribbons right now, too straight and square

- choose a different colour or font for the names, they are very hard to read, they lack contrast

I think it's definitely a good start, jut going to take a bit of tweaking.

Salmoneye

Maybe a background color in all of the area except the area with the names, it's a lot of white. How is the sign going to be made and used?

Jillbeans

Use the same font as you used for TWENTY YEAR CLUB on the names.
Honors board names shouldn't be in script, lovely as that one is.
Love....Jill

SignaramaFL

The names in the middle, I would choose a different font, something not as scripty...., and also the ribbons as said before try and make them more flowy...

Tim Aucoin

I totally agree with using a different font for the names. That script makes them look like one big blur... very hard to read.

signgal

I agree. Try the blue for the names and take Jill's suggestion on the font. Ditto on the ribbons. I like the idea but they are too stiff. Add a slight wave and you might try them as more of a green primarily. They are stealing too much of the attention.

Kyle Blue

+1 to everything said here. The only thing I have to add is that your "spikes" around the 50 years are to big. They look like blue suns instead of ribbons. I'd make them a little smaller.

neato

It's a nice layout. I agree though, there's too much script. Use the san serif font for the names. It'll make it more pleasing.

BTW, I think in this instance you did NOT break the font rule. I count 3 fonts. That works with this layout. Is that what you were referring to when you said you broke the font rules?

Jackflush

Gorgor
Thanks for those great suggestions... And yes I thought three fonts in any one design was forbade. lol Maybe those ribbons can be outline. Its a plague for Sams club Alaska and a shirt design. Does it matter if I post shirt designs here? Would that still be ok with Fred?

SignManiac

Change the color of your ribbons to a gold, tone them down a bit so they don't dominate the design with such a strong contrasting color.

But if it were me, I would go in a completely different direction all together.

Jackflush

Gorgor
The ribbons wont curve without making funny negative space so I just toned them down some change the font and sent it...

Attachments

• 20 years sample 2.jpg
    20 years sample 2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 108

signgal

much better :) I can tell you were limited to the two colors and I wondered if the "wavy" ribbons might create awkward negative space.they can't all be masterpieces

JR's

It doesn't look bad. Some of things I would change to make it read better would be.
The names in the columns could be smaller and the space between them should be a little larger.
So you read the name before your eye looks to the next line. [Compulsive graphic relativity]
you could try to left justify the columns.

And I would tone down the ribbons and the column of names and tuck that under the top part.
I think that would prioritize your thoughts a little bit better.

JR

rjpjr

How is the sign going to be made and used?
I thought this was an important question...

Without knowing the above, I recommend bringing the ribbon elements together to work as one element.

Attachments

• 20-years.jpg
    20-years.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 132