• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique If You'd Like

If you look at GOOD art (& signs) and try to pick apart what you like about it, that is usually a learning tool too. Look at some of the portfolios of people on here or when you are out driving around, be aware of the signs that you like or that work well and ask yourself why. Do you like the colors, layout is easy to read, catches your attention, etc. and then try to apply that to what you do. I learned ALOT about fine art painting by picking apart other's paintings..."Man, he used purple in that guy's hair, but it works because it compliments the yellow and makes that jump out! Hmmm, think I'll try that."
There's sometimes a fine line between copying and learning though...make sure you don't just copy someone elses ideas outright.

:thumb: Great tip :thankyou:

Colin

Yup, what Jane said. But it also takes considerable time to get an eye for good design deep within ones DNA. And one never "arrives"; there's always so much to learn.

SignManiac

What comes to my mind when hearing the name.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 102

signswi

Simple is best, 2 minute design. Could do a lot better with effort but you get the point.

Probably not the best idea to name your business is such an offhand flippant way but it could work for the audience. I'm just going to assume you didn't do any market research first though to know for sure...:covereyes:

Attachments

• dark side v3.jpg
    dark side v3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 100
Simple is best, 2 minute design. Could do a lot better with effort but you get the point.

Probably not the best idea to name your business is such an offhand flippant way but it could work for the audience. I'm just going to assume you didn't do any market research first though to know for sure...:covereyes:

I like the design, that gives me some great ideas! And your right, probably wasn't the best way to name the business but I already have a client base and we ran the name by our customers for a good 6 months before we actually stuck with it and they all love it. As long as the customers love it, that's what really matters. But anyway, thanks for taking the time to shoot me some ideas, you all have helped me greatly already.