• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique time....

Pat Whatley

Lady is starting an interior decorating business. Her "trademark" will be the bright pink overalls she's going to wear My instructions were to create a woman painter on a step ladder wearing pink overalls with the company name and tag line. Here is the "artwork" I had to work from and the vector version.

This is where I'm at so far....any thoughts?

Attachments

• roomies.gif
    roomies.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 104
  • logo-wide-tag.jpg
    logo-wide-tag.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 57

Shovelhead

Less is more.....I don't see the need for a ladder.....although it works in the third option to break up the pink.
:Welcome:

iSign

too much eye shadow... and lose the crap dripping off the roller... otherwise I think it's extremely well done!

Pat Whatley

Very nice. But I bet the real painter isn't as hot as the one in your design.

Actually she's pretty damn hot in real life.

I didn't like the paint drips or the ladder but she's insisted on them. She's paying for it so I tried to make it work. I just don't get how dripping paint presents a professional image but I'm just the sign monkey.

SignManiac

Since she does interior and (exterior enhancements) make her boobs larger. I'd also play with some other scripts for the tag line.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Looks like her mascara is smeared all over her eyes - hot or not... you should fix that

the pocket on her behind should be moved over more... it looks like it's on the side and that makes her butt look bigger - not something a gal likes...

I like it though.

GB2

Old Member
Minor details, I think her right arm looks hyper-extended or like the stick is attached to it. She is leaning back a bit far too, but acceptable. Also, the darker color on that back leg of the ladder seems a little off. Other than that I think it's a great design and I really like it!

Craig Sjoquist

well I like the 1st one one on left ..looks nice and readable also anyway ya look at it looks great n...keep the ladder lose the back pocket and drips

Sign_Boy

I agree with GB2 about her arm and back leg of the ladder.
I would soften up the color of her back pocket, brush pocket & cuffs.
Can you try to make the ladder a bit more grounded? It looks like it's floating.

What if you had her painting the letters in "Room Reinventions" That might look cool.

I kind of like the first one the most.

GREAT start!!!

Steve C.

The illustration looks awkward to me. Out of proportion. Her arms look too
small/short. Her head looks like it's twisted around Exorcistish. Her boobs
and butt are too low. And it looks like she is trying to paint behind herself
over the shoulder. I know the drawing is not yours, but it could use lots
of improvement. Not to mention the perspective on the ladder is off.
Other than that, I like it.

Marco

Steve C. is right on the money. And I think the paint drops should be pink. I like it as well.

artbot

when i see it, the first thing i think of is a logo for a tv show. and something tells me that this girl is on some kind of the same wavelength... (maybe a little narcissistically). you aren't trying to sell yourself, but your work. designers make a lot of money, but mostly when they start doing projects for offices, hospitals, restaurants, etc. this logo will pin her down to a tiny demographic. it screams, "don't hire me for anything difficult. i'm a cute girl about to fall off of a ladder." no graphic improvement can make up for the amount of money that this logo, in its most refined state, will cost her projects over the life of the business.

so you are only the messenger, i'd have her log into this forum to read the critiques. i work in this field at the highest end. and i know of many designers that started out with dba's like "french twist" etc, and later had to change their name to blank blank interiors, or blank blank design. thus losing their original branding and looking like an amateur graduating to the "real" design industry.

ZsVinylInc

What I would suggest is to possibly get rid of the ladder flip her around, put her on the ground and make it look like she is painting the company name pink. Like put the roller in the "R" of Room. That way it really ties the graphic into the name. Just a suggestion.

Marco

p.jpg
Wished I would have read the one about being on the ground prior to working on figure. Well, please set her tennis on ground. :Oops: