• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique time....

Marco

p2.jpg

Jon Aston

Dude! You are totally missing out on an opportunity to make her a pinup girl (in pink overalls, on her ladder). If you don't have the chops. Hire somebody! Maybe somebody here (at signs101.com), bit - if not - maybe here.

GypsyGraphics

Why is she on her tip toes? Is it because she's a dumb blond and doesn't know enough to step up?
Look at every pin-up... if they're not in heels, their on their tip-toes or if sitting, their toes are pointed. it's just cuter

Less is more.....I don't see the need for a ladder....
if you have to leave the ladder, thin it out or make it less obvious. maybe have a portion of it falling behind the letters. it just stand out too much. i rather see her on her tip-toes on the ground reaching to paint the top of a letter.

Dude! You are totally missing out on an opportunity to make her a pinup girl (in pink overalls, on her ladder). If you don't have the chops. Hire somebody! Maybe somebody here (at signs101.com), bit - if not - maybe here.
YES, YES, YES!...look at the images in Jon's link! Crazy not to take it that direction. Show your client those images. If she's the kind of person who wants her likeness in her logo, and she's hot like you said... she's already playing the "cute card".... she'll love the idea of looking like a pin-up girl!!!

She may have given you a sketch, but she's no artist, use her sketch as a starting point.
pinup-painter.jpg

Jillbeans

The woman looks like an overly made up contortionist with a dowager's hump, dwarfed upper arms, granny boobs, a long torso, and the legs of a kindergartener. Looks like she probably does more than renovations if you know what I mean (wink wink) maybe sidelines over at Bubba's Truck Stop on Friday nights because she is just sooo flexible.

Use her if you must but redraw her from scratch. Put her at the end of the name so she is leaning into the words if using your original sketch. Don't use the computery looking drop shadow if you can avoid it. Typography is fine.

The pose GG suggested has so much more potential.
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

If you don't have the chops. Hire somebody! Maybe somebody here (at signs101.com), bit - if not - maybe here.

Jon, nice stuff at that second link.....and look what I found in the "Interior Decorating" tab:
Time to rethink this whole idea, methinks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 89

JR's

Hi Pat,
how about having the latter behind renovations and propped up against the bottom of the M. in room. Have her leaning over trying to paint above the letter R. and O. and have her kickback one of her feet. Of course pointing out her toe like she is kissing a sailor.

Fun project.

JR

signswi

Whatever you end up doing don't use drop shadows in logo design, especially not heavy dark giant ones like in the OP. Not only does it look amateur it makes it really hard to work with and you'll piss off every print vendor the client ever has.

JoySigns

Ok, I can see having pink overalls but does the lettering have to be pink too? Too much pink makes a person think that they only specialize in little girls' rooms.