• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crop marks

chopper

does it look for the crop marks?
or does it look and not find them?
if it looks for them but does not find them you need to have the media loaded properly, the dots need to be close enough to the cutting strip where the head scans for the crop marks I have had my machine look for the crop marks and not find them, because i was either to far forward or rearward there is a small area that the machine will look for the crop marks and if it doesn't find them it quits,
to correct this I placed marks on my machine, on the media clamps I put a small dot with a sharpie at the center of the cutting strip both sides, took a straight edge and laid it across the two dots (at this point you can move one media clamp close to the other for marking) put the media clamps back to where they were, now when you print, then laminate and before the print goes back into the machine for cutting I take a fine sharpie and place a dot besides the crop marks (front two only) at the center of the dots then take a straight edge, line it up with the sharpie dots and draw a line from about a 1/4 inch from the edge of the dot to the outside edge of the media on both sides, now when I load my print I align the lines on the print with the lines on the media clamps and now the print is aligned and set to where the eye will find the crop marks,
you also need to set you software up with the right crop marks, if you don't use the correct ones the machine will not recognise them...
//chopper