• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cropmark error - not found

marleyjoeb

i have an sp 300v - i am printing on avery gloss calendered, then laminating with an avery lam, re-loading....every time i am getting a "cropmark error - not found" error. the marks are there, and i see the printing looking for them, as well as registering around the circle mark....any ideas? my print area is about 27" wide...is that too wide for auto registering? joe baker

petepaz

i have had this before some times you have to check and make sure the metal feet that hold the material down do not cover the marks also the reg. dots should be approx 1/8"
past the white bar that goes across the width of the machine(not sure why just know this helped a few times) also if the print came through skewed one of the marks may be too close to the edge after that you just have to cut your losses and print again
their is a manule set up for cutting , check your user manual, but i have had no luck with this one

ChiknNutz

Couple things...try shining a flashlight on the marks as the head passes over them.

When setting up the first one, make sure that you set the base point as close to the center of the first one as reasonably possible (center of the blade in the center of the circle).

Toss the Avery as the machine knows that it's just gonna have to reprint it on Oracal or 3M anyway...

Brendan

It should find them automatically but we all can attest it doesnt always work that way. There is a section of the manual on how to align it manually. It has do do with aligning the blade with the little L shaped marks along side the reg marks.

D3G

I've had the same problem on my 540. I found that the "line" I was lining up to was the wrong one. Make sure you are looking at the right location on the machine. The manual is not super clear so try different alignments.

ChiknNutz

No, no, no....all I'm saying is when you are USING auto-alignment, make sure that for the very first one, you move the head over so it's centered on the first alignment mark (which is the circle adjacent to the rectangle), then hit 'Base Point' on the panel. After you send the cut job, it should now auto-align to all marks.

Mario Design

I just had the same error yesterday. I made sure that the circles were placed insided of the pinch rollers and that the base point was also lined up. I found that I needed to make sure that the media sensor was covered so I just placed a piece of tape over it and it worked out great.