• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cropping in Corel, image turns white

ocean502

Hello
I have been emailed scans of photos. 6 per page. I am trying to crop each photo, when doing so the cropped photo turns into a white box. I have cropped hundreds of times and have never had this happen. I rebooted computer and it's still happening.. any ideas..I don't see any settings when choosing the crop tool...It happens to be these certain scans, because the scans I was sent before I just checked and the crop fine. :thankyou:in advance!

J Hill Designs

yeah if you are using powerclip, it is defaulted to center image in powerclip - go to options, workspace, edit and uncheck "autocenter new powerclip contents"

ocean502

OMG Pat you are so smart!! I never knew that....Well the problem was that they were pdf's...I converted to .jpegs and the crop tool works fine..Thanks Pat for teaching me something new!! ÜÜ
Susie

digitalwoodshop

This is a project I am working on in Corel tonight. The top is a .jpg with a white background. The Bottom is taking the same photo into Corel Photo and doing a cut out of the background.

AL

Attachments

• River.jpg
    River.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 131

rcook99

[QUOTEThis is a project I am working on in Corel tonight. The top is a .jpg with a white background. The Bottom is taking the same photo into Corel Photo and doing a cut out of the background.

AL ][/QUOTE]

AL you may also do a power clip into a circle instead of having to run it in Photopaint and bringing it back. just my .02