Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cropping in Corel, image turns white

Discussion in 'Corel' started by ocean502, Feb 10, 2010.

1. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    Hello
    I have been emailed scans of photos. 6 per page. I am trying to crop each photo, when doing so the cropped photo turns into a white box. I have cropped hundreds of times and have never had this happen. I rebooted computer and it's still happening.. any ideas..I don't see any settings when choosing the crop tool...It happens to be these certain scans, because the scans I was sent before I just checked and the crop fine. :thankyou:in advance!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    yeah if you are using powerclip, it is defaulted to center image in powerclip - go to options, workspace, edit and uncheck "autocenter new powerclip contents"

3. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    OMG Pat you are so smart!! I never knew that....Well the problem was that they were pdf's...I converted to .jpegs and the crop tool works fine..Thanks Pat for teaching me something new!! ÜÜ
    Susie

4. ocean502

ocean502 Member

Apr 29, 2008
    California
    Thanks Jill Ü

5. digitalwoodshop

digitalwoodshop Member

Apr 9, 2008
    This is a project I am working on in Corel tonight. The top is a .jpg with a white background. The Bottom is taking the same photo into Corel Photo and doing a cut out of the background.

AL

Attached Files:

6. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    [QUOTEThis is a project I am working on in Corel tonight. The top is a .jpg with a white background. The Bottom is taking the same photo into Corel Photo and doing a cut out of the background.

AL ][/QUOTE]

AL you may also do a power clip into a circle instead of having to run it in Photopaint and bringing it back. just my .02

7. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    or better yet,, use the bitmap color mask,, Click the white,, click the button,. done!