• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cs 2

WOODBS

I have a flash drive from customer and opened in photoshop, icon comes up..." unknown data has been encountered reading file, continue?"
what do I do ? continue or ask for new flash?

Malkin

I would at least attempt to continue, but you will probably need a new file after all...

daveb

General Know-it-all
Yeah, the Adobe Gods are angry, it's probably about time to sacrifice another virgin. (of course these days you got to find one first):rolleyes:

daveb

General Know-it-all
Otherwise it's the standard stuff, what file format is it? What software did they use to generate the image? Did they do it on a PC or a Mac? Sorry these may seem like elementary questions to some but none of these were included in OP.:popcorn:

Bigdawg

Just Me
There's a good chance your customer can just copy the file to a new drive. That error happens when the postscript data is jumbled in some way. Have the customer make sure THEY can open the file on their computer first to ensure the file isn't corrupted, but usually that's just an I/O type of error.

tanneji

Probably a corrupted drive or file. Flash drives have a limited number of read/write cycles and for the "freebie" ones its usually only a thousand or so. Not that much in the grand scheme of things. try emailing the file or using dropsend.

Sign_Boy

I've encountered this when it was a Mac based file sent to PC - for some strange reason the file sometimes doubles up. One will work and the other gives an error.