• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS3 Install Problems

nversestudios

Techman,

Yes, I did try CS3 cleaner, all levels. This works great to uninstall previous efforts or any legacy Adobe items but still no go on getting suite to install.

Odecom,

Tried all of your suggestions but still no. I thought trying to install in safe mode might work but the program would not install and I got an msg from windows that said it can’t load new programs in safe mode.

I want to thank you all for the suggestions. I hate to keep having you live this bad dream but some of you have been so helpful I just want to keep you up to speed on the progress (more like, lack of).

Thanks again!

player

I would try to install it on a different machine to test the bad disk theory...although it might be software related and not install on both...

P

nversestudios

Hi guys,

Still no go on the software, but did have a small update.

I did work with an engineer yesterday late and his review of some log files that I have FTP'd to them. The files show that there are some legacy files and reg. files that are remaining and not being deleted from previous installs. Typically these are removed using their uninstaller and or the CS3 clean tool, but for some reason they are being held onto by windows. I am expecting to work with them this AM and get the files removed. Maybe this will work.

Thanks

Bogie

I installed on one computer yesterday. The thing wants to reach out to the internet, and if you have anything that doesn't let it, it gorches. Turn the stuff off, leave your system _WIDE_ open, and try it. Then close the doors after the install.

I _hate_ software companies that do this... I just spent fleepin' $1,300 on three DVDs, a booklet, and a box. I don't wanna have to jump through hoops so that +their+ security crap works...

itzdeb

I just wondered how you do with getting all the components to uninstall. I had CS2 on my niece's computer while I was learning it, since my d drive was down on mine and now that I bought a new computer with (Vista, couldn't avoid it), now I'm ready to install it on mine.
In the meantime, I would like to get as much of it off her computer so it doesn't remain and give her problems with the speed of her computer. She doesn't do any graphics, but, still I'll be watching your post here, hoping you keep us abreast of the results.
So sorry you have to face all these problems; hang in there, and good luck! Wish I were some help.
(I did notice that someone suggested to try it on another computer, and I found that to be an interesting solution, provided they have at least 1 gig.)

nversestudios

Deb,

As for the uninstaller here is a link to the Adobe site that will allow you do down load the uninstaller.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

when it is launched it will ask you a bunch of yes/no questions. Then you will be asked to apply the level of clean you want they are 1-4 (4 being the highest level). The last prompt you will be asked to confirm execution with the word "GO". That is it.

As for anything with Vista, after spending days on the phone with them I am told, none of their products are vista ready and or work properly with it. I would say if you can find a different OS (XP Pro) or workstation to install to the go this route or you will be on the phone for days with them.

UPDATE

As for the install, I did have some progress today. I was able to get most of the products to load but there were still 2 that did not. I tried to launch the ones that say they did install but they would not load. It gave error saying the licensing for this product had stopped working and to repair I must uninstall and reinstall and contact Adobe Customer Support.

Even though this did not work at least it was some progress. Here are some details:

Had to go into registry editor and change permissions on some files to delete

Change permissions and security on some folders to delete them and the files.

Unistalled all security programs.

In system config. utility disabled all in the startup tab.

Back on the phone with them this AM will let you know.

Thanks

MTechGraphics

I had the same problem at one time what you can do to solve the issue is to mount the files directly onto your hard drive and run off of a virtual CD/DVD drive DO NOT run off of a physical drive.

Defrag your hard drive some sectors on the drive may be corrupt.

Format your hard drive, but do it smart first of all Clone the drive onto another drive then format everything on it 3 times. After formatting the drive reinstall your OS then cs3 right off the discs.

These are a few different things that will work for you start from the top. If you need help feel fre to let me know I'll have one of my techs walk you thru anything step by step via phone or live chat or remote access install for FREE we are all sign guys so no charges for anyone needing tech help.

Good luck to you

nversestudios

UPDATE:

Got it installed!

I used all the efforts I noted above and then took MTECHMEDIA's advice and tried the defrag effort. I ran it twice using the system tools in windows and then tried to reinstall on top of the last install and then it took! I launched all the apps and they worked just fine. WOW, what an effort.

I want to thank all of you who have been SOOOOOO supportive and offering your advice and time as well to help me out. This forum has the best members period! Thanks again and I hope to be able to contribute to someone who needs some help down the road.