• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS5 Purchase

SignBurst PCs

From the CS5 license agreement:

"Portable or Home Computer Use. Subject to the important restrictions set forth in Section 2.6, the primary user of the Computer on which the Software is installed under Section 2.2 (“Primary User”) may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer."

I read this as two copies only and you cannot use them at the same time.

GB2

Old Member
Just so you know too about that educational license version, they actually require very positive proof that you are qualified. You need to send a school transcript and/or other proof, so it's not a matter of just checking a box saying you qualify and then you get the educational discount.

Doug....check your email.

speedmedia

Try Amazon.com. Sometimes you can find used copies that are legit as well. Don't buy educational unless you are going to school. People who do that are the ones who drive prices down in our market and up on our software for the people who actually go out and buy it the legit way.

Thanks,
Kurt

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
For anyone that has purchased used, how do you go about finding out if the serial # is legitimate and that both of the 2 licenses are in fact clear to use? What would prevent someone from registering on only 1 computer or forgetting to deauthorize that machine and sell the software? You would not notice until you tried to authorize more than one.

iSign

For anyone that has purchased used, how do you go about finding out if the serial # is legitimate and that both of the 2 licenses are in fact clear to use? What would prevent someone from registering on only 1 computer or forgetting to deauthorize that machine and sell the software? You would not notice until you tried to authorize more than one.
Adobe has a "transfer of License Agreement"

Unless the licensed owner signs that license over to you, on that document, AND adobe receives & processes that document, there is no other way a used copy (of Adobe software) is "legit"

I have done this, and am speaking from experience.

SignBurst PCs

Adobe has a "transfer of License Agreement"

Unless the licensed owner signs that license over to you, on that document, AND adobe receives & processes that document, there is no other way a used copy (of Adobe software) is "legit"

I have done this, and am speaking from experience.

+1 on that!

You must also buy from an Adobe authorized dealer or they won't help you. I bought a brand new version of Ps CS4 that checked out to be never opened and the registrations numbers were good. But when I had a problem Adobe would not help me because I didn't buy it from a one of there dealers.

Tim Aucoin

I run both CS3 and CS5 here at my office. I'm going to be upgrading the CS3 to CS5 this month for the $799 price tag now that our dollar is rocking!

Adobe allows TWO activations per license. You can install the software on as many computers as your heart desires, but only two can be activated at one time. You can deactivate and activate all you want.

I used to have only one copy of CS3 running on 2 computers at the office and my home computer. I'd deactivate at work, then go home, activate and work. But, if you forget to deactivate when you leave the house, you're hooped at the office! So, I gave up and upgraded to CS4, then CS5. Just need to upgrade to CS5 on the second work graphic station and I'm good to go! All I run at home now is Photoshop CS5, and it's a legit purchase upgraded from Photoshop Elements! :thumb:

omgsideburns

I have the education version... because I'm a student. I bought design premium and I want to say it was $400 and some change. You DO have to provide proof that you're a student to Adobe to get a serial number.. so be ready for that.