• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cs5!!

Tony Teveris

Though they have added some features to Photoshop and Illustrator a majority of work is in Flash and WEB design. Moving away from "static designs" to "dynamic designs".

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
What do you have to complain about, they are going to start Beta Testing Corel X5 very soon. They both have about the same cycle.... At least we won't have to hear about 64 bit Photoshop that harldly anyone is taking advantage of in the Windows version.

Arstron

My cs3 is working just fine still, if I get cs5, I will only get photoshop this time around instead of the entire suite since its all I use anyway.

jiarby

warp looks awesome! love the new brush interaction with the tablet to preview pressure, shape too!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I might start to get excited about Adobe Illustrator CS5 if it was compiled for native 64-bit operation and coded for true multi-threaded operation. As it stands, only Photoshop, After Effects and certain parts of Premiere are compiled for multiprocessor operation.

Biker Scout

Yes, they are dropping the 32-Bit architecture, it's all 64-bit from here on out. Granted, it will only install on an Intel based machine now.

Odd numbered versions of Adobe have always been the best and had the most innovation. Seems like the even numbers were just stop gaps with minor tweaks, and never ended up being worth the effort or cost of upgrading.

CS1 was awesome at the time... CS2, meh. I'm on CS3 and didn't even remotely feel like I needed to even look at the CS4 upgradeable features. However, CS5 has me planning the upgrade already. Some real good stuff in there!

Biker Scout

See the thing is, you can get away with using a legacy program for many, many years... if your printer still prints, and all of your output files and peripherals still work, then don't mess with a good system.

The problem occurs when you are forced to upgrade your computer at some point. Or a client can't back save their files properly to an older format. Also, what I've been noticing lately, is if you work in a really old format of a program, some items, filters, effects don't backwards translate and you end up with an unhappy client, and you look like a technological dinosaur.

It's good to keep up with software to a certain extent. Don't need to be an early adopter right out the gate. Perhaps wait for the first patch or update. But you should at least be updating the software that makes you money every 2-3 years at the very least.

CS1 came out in 2003. I'd say you are probably due for an upgrade. The unfortunate thing about waiting so long between upgrades, is the learning of the new bells and whistles, and how they like to change common things around on you. Like shortcuts, menu items, re-naming of menu items... all kinds of goofy stuff. You usually have to pick up a book or just muddle through it until you re-learn everything. The worst is when they drop a favorite feature that you can't live without and have to learn the new work-around.

animenick65

Its about time on the 64 bit front. How long have we had 64 bit processors for? I bought my first 64 bit capable machine back in 2004 and only now are OS and application designers taking advantage of it.

Red_Dragon

See the thing is, you can get away with using a legacy program for many, many years... if your printer still prints, and all of your output files and peripherals still work, then don't mess with a good system.

The problem occurs when you are forced to upgrade your computer at some point. Or a client can't back save their files properly to an older format. Also, what I've been noticing lately, is if you work in a really old format of a program, some items, filters, effects don't backwards translate and you end up with an unhappy client, and you look like a technological dinosaur.

It's good to keep up with software to a certain extent. Don't need to be an early adopter right out the gate. Perhaps wait for the first patch or update. But you should at least be updating the software that makes you money every 2-3 years at the very least.

CS1 came out in 2003. I'd say you are probably due for an upgrade. The unfortunate thing about waiting so long between upgrades, is the learning of the new bells and whistles, and how they like to change common things around on you. Like shortcuts, menu items, re-naming of menu items... all kinds of goofy stuff. You usually have to pick up a book or just muddle through it until you re-learn everything. The worst is when they drop a favorite feature that you can't live without and have to learn the new work-around.

Thanks a lot for that, at the very least i am looking to update sometime in 2010. I might not make that big jump though straight to CS5. I might just jump from CS to CS3. Then maybe in 2011 i'll jump to CS5, i am really impressed when i got CS and realized how advanced it felt, for something that came out since 2003...

I regret not learning Photoshop when i had the chance, years ago when i was in my teens my friend was like a pro and offered to show me, but at that time there was no point of learning it. Now i have to like learn from scratch but i consider myself pretty savvy so i know i can learn this thing quick.

JoshLoring

Wow. That paint brush blending is amazing. The warp tool is similar to the bone tool in flashcs4. I'm glad they are bringing it to photshop.

Can't wait, there's already so much in cs4 I love. It's funny because sone of the command shortcuts in cs4 are wild. Control-shift-alt-C lol.