• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curious??? 409 for prep

CS-SignSupply-TT

I think not because of the bleach. The best substance I have found and leaves no residue is BESTINE. Check out your local non-BIG BOX hardware store.

SD&F

I use Windex or soapy water for a porous surface, if glass or smooth then alcohol.
It dries quickly.

Thank you guy. I actually made this post as a "point maker" for an online customer of mine.. I know how to install vinyl.. however I had a customer who instist that her experience with dept store vinyl and 409 as a prep is more overpowering than the DETAILED application instructions that I send with each of my products. In which I recommend an alcohol blend as a prep (VERY DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS)

She had Oracal 651 fall off her wall that she prepped with 409 after one hour as she stated to me.....

I wonder why???:banghead:

haha 10-4

Also to the guy (SD&F) who suggested Windex.... Your not going to want to use Windex for any vinyl application. Windex has ammonia and ammonia will break down the vinyls adhesive.

OldPaint

sorry guy........for window installation of vinyl, WINDEX NO DRIP formula works very well for a wet application......NOT FOR CLEANING!!!!! everything i apply vinyl to i will clean with "appropriate" CLEANING SOLUTION!!! one product is not it. 409, PURPLE POWER(my favorite)FANTSTIC, you pick one. after an INTENSE CLEANING with any of these products.......ALCOHOL with at least 91% alcohol!!! this will clean any residue left by the heavey duty cleaners. been doin this for 20 years.....AND NEVER HAD A FAILED INSTALL)))