• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curved framing systems?

SignManiac

Does anyone know where to find a curved sign hanging system like this? Not sure if it's plastic or metal.

TIA.

Attachments

• curved frame.jpg
    curved frame.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 132

Circleville Signs

Step 1 - Get a length of 1" aluminum tube

Step 2 - Bend tube into desired shape

Step 3 - Cut slot in tube

Step 4 - Slide print in.

Glad i could help :)

Gary

SignManiac

I'm sure I can devise a way to make my own but I'd rather buy something ready to go. My time is worth more than the time it would take to put it all together. I'm willing to pay for the convenience of a pre-made solution.

Thank you anyway for the ideas thus far.

Checkers

Hiya Bob,
It looks like Foga or similar brand of extrusion. There's another Brand, but the name escapes me at the moment.
If you know the measurements/radius, you can email the drawing to Outwater Plastics and they could fabricate it for you. All you would have to do is assemble and install.

Checkers

Poconopete

I'm sure I can devise a way to make my own but I'd rather buy something ready to go. My time is worth more than the time it would take to put it all together. I'm willing to pay for the convenience of a pre-made solution.
With all the equipment in your signature, I figured Mosh would have done it for you already...

Thank you anyway for the ideas thus far.

Can I see a pic of your truck so I can drool and your shop so I can drool some more?

SignManiac

Thanks everyone. Last night while sleeping, a solution came to me in a dream. It was so simple a cave man could do it. I guess when you are straining for a solution, you can get problem solving block. Must be where the saying "sleep on it" comes from.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Well, what was your solution? I would make a Sintra backer and raised frame area, heat and bend and viola....

SignManiac

Using 3/4" or even 1/2" PVC, route an 1/8" center grove down the center of a curved line on the router table. Flip them for the tops so they mirror the bottom. Use cement of silicone to embed the print in the channel.

Shouldn't take very long to route and since it's PVC, they can be painted any color.

Attachments

• Ceiling Sign hanger.jpg
    Ceiling Sign hanger.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 93