• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Curved Shelf Talkers

Bojoz

Hi everyone,
I usually do standard .030 Styrene shelf talkers with a small right angle "L" bend for supermarket shelves. Client wants some done (same stock) but slightly curved..since the shelves all have a slight curve to it..so the "L" bent part must also follow a slight curve. Shelf talker has to be approx 30"w x 2"h x 1" bend (heat bend)...any ideas?..apart from doing the multiple cut technique. Thanks!

petepaz

what if you made some sort of male/female mold put the shelf takers in that and then heat them. maybe use cardboard cores from roll material?
never did it before and no idea if it will work just throwing out ideas

oksigns

I fab custom shelf talkers using Sihl's Durasol line of products. It sounds like the perfect product for things like this. They wont mind the bend if you get the "tab" cut right.

I will tell you once a slight bend is introduced across the plane of the sign, that slight bend imparts rigidity that make the need for a thick material negligible for something like a hanging shelf talker.