• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer brings me artwork from another shop....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ding...... Ding......Ding......Ding......Ding......Ding......

Just got an e-mail along with a picture from a realtor who picked up a custom sign yesterday and took a picture of it and e-mailed it to me saying...........

Hello Gene!!! I'm up here at Timelake the sign looks great except for I need stickers made for the wrong phone number on the sign.

The office is 610-670-0000
My private cell number of 610-334-0000 should not be anywhere on the sign at all. The cell number should be 484-334-0000
Could you please make stickers so this can be corrected?

Then I got this one...........

[FONT=&amp]Gene, Can you make up a small sticker that would have 484 in the letter size as was on the Timelake sign, the cell number for Diane Podleniskwie is 484, not 610. I believe my note to you had it wrong. Thanks, Tom[/FONT]

So, Hallefrickin'lujah, this guy admits it was his mistake. Guess we'll get that done real quick and the lady who has the wrong phone number on the sign is getting calls like crazy about this new development. Guess Tom should pay her a fee for taking his calls.

Joe Diaz

What's with phone numbers on signs anyway? On the window lettering of your front door maybe... but heck they are already there and if you aren't and your place is closed, no one is there to answer the phone, am I right? I feel like a sign's primary goal is a location marker, and the secondary role would be brand recognition. Anything else is clutter competing for attention and making it harder to accomplish those two goals.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For our sign, it was a real estate sign at a development. It needs the number.

As for the other posts, I think you could interchange any information regardless if phone numbers are the issue or not. It could be a wrong word or a misspelled word. It's just the overall fact, that people don't know what the heck they're doing and expect us to pay for their mistakes.

Pat Whatley

What's with phone numbers on signs anyway?
I'm okay with a phone number on some signs since everyone is riding around with a cell phone these days. Doesn't make sense for all signs but a lot of them it does. What kills me is when people insist on putting their address on the sign in front of their building and they always condescendingly tell me that "it's supposed to be on a business sign."

MichaelAlmand

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. He's apparently lost his mind. I'm guessing he must be like 30 or younger since he seems to be part of the generation that refuses to take responsibility for themselves. And before anyone gets offended, I'm 30 and I'm part of that generation. Most of us suck...of course, I'm the exception.

hey now

GraphicFX

Excellent Points

Being a newbie in the business I am not sure of all the standards of what a sign should have or not should have so I like your point Joe Diaz in reference to clutter and agree with you as well Pat Whatley. Many do utilize their cells. I myself am at work each day but not necessarily in the office but normally always in the area. Many customers do call from the door and wait the 10-20 minutes for me to get there or set a later appointment. While I don't know how many got to the door, saw the number but didn't call, I do know from all who called, I did not MISS the opportunity to serve them. Joe, I just saw you in Atlantic City on the 6th of Dec. and I learned a lot from your teaching and perspective. Just want to say thank you and keep up the good work.