• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer has no idea what he wants but wants it now - Rant.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
To avoid the yes answer to a multiple choice question, don't give choices until you have their attention. Send 1 option in an email, here it is. After they reply, then send the other options and ask would you prefer this over the first one? That generally gets them to focus for a minute.
This is kind of Genius. If I'm stabbing in the dark, I'll just give them one option as a jumping off point. Why waste my time if I don't know what they want. 8 times out of 10 they love it and we are good to print. the other 2 percent end up with 6 proof files in their folder.

Boudica

I like the way you maths!
But fully agree, if it's not done in one shot, it's around revision 6 that they ask to see the original..
20 percent? It's true, I'm not great at math in my head. Last week I convinced myself that 4x4 is 20:doh:.

JBurton

Signtologist
20 percent? It's true, I'm not great at math in my head. Last week I convinced myself that 4x4 is 20:doh:.
See, this works for my materials used forms. Customer orders a 4x4, it comes out of a 4x8, considering the drop is less than 4x4, call it 3x4, therefore, that 4x4 sign consumed 20sqft. Math!

Boudica

That's too much math. You guys are going to make my head explode. My boss (who has a degree in math) is always telling me that math is my friend. I think not.