• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer name plates???

BobCap

I have a customer that wants what he calls name plates. What I think he wants would be a cover plate for a piece of equipment.

Here goes. He wants it made out of 15 to 18 mil PVC clear printed in reverse on backside. We have a Mutoh VJ1304 printer.

I've done a bit of searching and have made a few calls but no luck so far.

What would you guys suggest printing this on?

Thanks

Bob Cap
AAI

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The best way would be with a material such as this. The problem is that it isn't intended for inkjet printing and requires separate application of the adhesive. Using an inkjet you would get similar, and perhaps acceptable to your customer, results using normal media/normal printing and then over laminating with a thick polycarbonate laminate. We did dashboard nameplates for boats and aircraft restorations using 8 mil Lexan overlaminate and they worked out well in the past.

petepaz

lexan/polycarbonate material subsurface printed. UV printed or silk screened w/ an aggressive adhesive (3M 668MP or better). another option is metalphoto aluminum and put 4 holes in the corners and they can screw or rivet it to the machine/equipment