• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer quote of the day

Pat Whatley

Me: How can I help you today?

Him: Man, I live in them apartments across the street and we got a pit bull and she's about to have puppies cause we got her bred to my boys dog and we gonna try to sell the puppies and I need a sign to let people know we got them for $250 because everybody else is selling them for $350 and I'm just trying to make some bank and I want to put the sign in the big window in the front so all these people driving by can see it but I need you to make it so that my landlord and neighbors can't see it because we're not supposed to have dogs in the apartments and my neighbors got kids and **** and don't want no pitbulls around.

Me: Yeah, that's not really the kind of signs we make. You might want to check with the shop over the hill.

(..by the way, this is the same guy who had me letter the back window of his car to say F**K THE POLICE several years ago. Normally I'd have turned it down but his insistence that he was doing it so that he'd get pulled over because he was going to tape record the police arresting him and then sue them for violating his constitutional free speech rights.)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haha............. that sounds just about par for the course, lately.

It must be the cold and they're coming out from hibernating too early and having a brain freeze.

Ya better think about moving Pat, else he's gonna sick one of them pups on yo butt for mis-guiding him and not doin' it fo free, bro !!

SebastienL

"I want to put the sign in the big window in the front so all these people driving by can see it but I need you to make it so that my landlord and neighbors can't see it because... "

:help:help:help

+1. It sucks that so many people think pitbulls are vicious dogs, some of the nicest, most loving dogs I've ever seen were pitbulls.

yup, it really is sad. They don't see that it is the humans that make them that way. I have a pitbull at home, nicest pup ever! I'm 5 months pregnant and when I get home he checks on the baby, sniffs my belly and then says hi to me! lol. He is going to be a great nanny dog

Deaton Design

So Im wondering....how do you make a sign so that only certain people can see it?
So Im wondering how this guy even thinks this.
No doubt you made a weird face when he asked this Pat...lol

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
+1. It sucks that so many people think pitbulls are vicious dogs, some of the nicest, most loving dogs I've ever seen were pitbulls.

As well as some of the nastiest. Your point being?

J

john1

I received a odd customer today too.

Guy: I need 800 5x2" stickers made for my shirt company but i want just the letters not a bumper sticker. I got some from some print internet company but the registration was off on the colors and they looked terrible. They were $.20 each. My company is going to be in all the major stores.

Me: I can do multi color die-cut vinyl stickers but if your looking at getting a few hundred printing them would be much more cost effective for you.

Guy: I want them this way, not that way.

Me: ok, die-cut layered is $2.75 a sticker, Printed is $.38

Haven't heard back lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't going to say it, but since bob brought it up.....

:rolleyes: our old neighbors had a pet pitbull..... Spot believe it or not. He was the most loving dog, but it ended with their family and their family only. Anyone come within smelling distance and that dog just went nuts. He wasn't trained to do this, he just did it. If Spot saw you he went into a blind rage. He was kept outside most of the time and hooked onto a very heavy linked chain.... about 30' long. He would scare the livin' daylights outa ya by running until his chain yanked him by the throat and caused him to almost fly backwards and fall on his hinds. One day, my wife was out doing some yard work and Spot came wandering through the woods and shrubs and looked at her.... with his 30' chain dangling behind him. He was known for breaking this chain. Carol slowly backed up and started talking real nice to Spot until he went crazy, ran and jumped at her and connected with her thigh, gut and inner nether lands. She went over backwards from his force and actually got away and his chain got caught for a second and she got in the house. I was on the other end of the house and heard her screaming, but til I got there, Spot had already headed back for home. We did nothing about having the dog put down, I didn't kill it and we didn't even insist on their getting rid of their beloved Spot, but they knew I was furious. Carol had bite marks and bruises that lasted a long time, but eventually went away. Spot did die of 'Natural Causes' and I had nothing to do with it, but he was replaced with a little rat of a dog which just barked all day and night. They got rid of that one. Then they moved away. Our new neighbors ' the girls' have cats, but no dogs.

So, it doesn't have to be taught to the dog, they are quite adapt of killing on their own without having a Mike Vick at their side.

Making a broad statement such as it's a human fault the dogs are bad is very wrong. Maybe your dog, but not across the board. I know of rat terriers that are the exact same way. The breeding is too close anymore to make such foolish statements. I wouldn't trust most pitbulls unless I had a gun drawn and trained on them.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
+1 to that.

Yes, I agree that Pitbulls can be somewhat different...

My neighbour had a Pitbull which I would look after for him when he was away. The dog's name was Maria and she was a little treasure. She loved everyone she met and she got along great with our runt Shih Tzu.

A couple weeks after we moved out of the neighbourhood, I heard that Maria got loose one afternoon and by the time the RCMP caught up with her, she had killed five other dogs.

No way anyone could have predicted that from her previous behaviour and temperament...

Ya guys know that it's not JUST the pitbull breed that can be a "mean" dog. My daschund... I love her to death but she is mean, I didn't make her that way that's just the way she is. My friends min pin... same thing very mean.

Don't say that all or even most of pitbulls are mean or can snap because that in it self is a WRONG statement as well. Are there some bad dogs...yes, but I have yet to meet a pitbull that was mean.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Dogs, like most any animal on this earth are animals. There is a certain amount of wildness, still in them. You can, but should never trust an animal 100%. You have to stay and remain alert around most animals. Kinda like machinery and other power tools. Once you let your guard down, they can hurt you and that's when you call it an accident waiting to happen, but it was negligence. Anyway, like you said... some are mean and some are so docile, it ain't even real. It usually depends on how closely the dog has been bred.... and sometimes how much inner breeding there's been in a particular breed. Most dogs are bred for hunting, guarding and other kinda harsh conditions. These dogs are bred with strong jaws, hard heads and big claws to do damage. It's in their inner being and it's total instinct for them. Back any animal into a corner and it will lash out.... wild or tame. For cripe's sake... even humans do that.

To trust a dog which is a known breed to have killer instincts and have bad reputations is just plain lack of responsibility around a baby. You are totally hoping this dog doesn't do anything wrong and your baby's life could depend on your feelings or irresponsibility. So, in my opinion, you are allowing a dog to rule your life and possible eat or maim your baby instead of just being cautious. That to me is complete and total lack of good intelligence and judgment.

If we were talking about a bunny rabbit or a parakeet, that's different. The most that could go wrong would be a nibbled ear or a pecked cheek, but a dog with a jaw bigger than your kids head..... well, you tell me ??

I've seen horses do strange things and let's not forget Siegfried & Roy..... and a bad baby sitter, but you go on trusting your dog and God forbid he ever does anything to your newborn.... really.

SignManiac

Good post Gino. I like big snakes but draw the line at having one in a home with a child. I've witnessed nature first hand too many times.