• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Customers who want things asap, but won't get you what you need

TimToad

Do you just force them to read the article? Haha!

We have a couple of clients that hold up the works ALL THE TIME and it's very frustrating. They want to change one little aspect of a sign that goes against brand standard and all of the sudden everything grinds to a halt while everybody and their brother gets involved. The worst is when somebody decides to retroactively make changes to a proof. The signs are already on the walls, y'all. I'm sorry the director of whatmacallit doesn't like the color your marketing department chose, but they're up. It sometimes means more money for us, but sheesh.

Of course not. We use articles and other resources like it as reference material to help hone our message and approach to dealing with either difficult, inexperienced, micromanaging or stubborn clients.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Of course not. We use articles and other resources like it as reference material to help hone our message and approach to dealing with either difficult, inexperienced, micromanaging or stubborn clients.

Oh, I was totally kidding. Our clients don't even read proofs.

Edit: Case in point, customer called complaining that the graphics on their van didn't match the proof. They were looking at graphics on their sprinter and wondered why the utility van didn't match. After approving the proofs for the utility van that didn't match the sprinter (and couldn't).

DerbyCitySignGuy

Actual snippet of that conversation:

Customer: "The graphics on the sliding door are way too small."
Designer: "The van doesn't have a sliding door."
Customer: "YES. It does. I'm looking right at the proof."
Designer: "Which proof? There's no sliding door on our proof OR on the van you brought in."
Customer: "Hold on a second."